- Contract Opportunity
- Competitive Pay+ 4% Vacation
- Notable Oil and Gas Company
- Communicate with project team, functional associated personnel, and the external stakeholders in regards to implement and control quality requirements as per company and business unit processes, plans, and procedures;
- Develop project quality plans, project specific quality procedures, review ITPs, custom forms/checklists/reports, audit plans, attend meetings to represent quality;
- Conduct quality orientations, kick-off meeting presentations;
- Develop, implement, monitor, and oversee the Project Quality Plan throughout all phases of the project. Promote and enforce the use of NCRs, CARs, KPIs, Trending/Tracking, Audit Close-Out, Process Conformance/Improvement;
- Create and maintain project quality audits schedule;
- Report audit findings and summaries to the leadership, and close the necessary actions;
- Initiate, coordinate in the development and approval of correction actions, verify completeness, and close NCRs;
- Provide support to the business unit quality activities including process improvement reviews, lessons learned, and recommendations;
- Work with Senior Quality advisors with potential to lead project quality documentation reviews from contractors and suppliers, including the Contractor / Supplier Quality Plans (QA and QC), ITPs, Checklists, Templates, etc.;
- Communicate with onsite personnel including construction, fabrication, NDT, coating, welding managers, supervisors, and inspectors;
- Well versed in relevant pipeline codes & standards such as ASME, CSA, ISO, OPR, API, ASTM;
- Good knowledge of Welding Techniques and Coating applications;
- Develop project audit plan, perform engineering, fabrication and construction audits for pipeline and facilities projects as per client specifications, contractual SOW, codes and standards, initiate audit report;
- Capable to lead, organize, conduct, report, and close out quality audit findings effectively;
- Review relevant documents such as Quality Manual, ITP, procedures, WPS and welder’s qualification, inspection reports;
- Review and verify project specification and coordinate contractors for technical matters related to quality;
- Ensure that the competent inspectors and operators are engaged at the site activities;
- Ensure daily, weekly, and monthly inspections are carried out as required and reports are being submitted to the client properly;
- Ensure that contractors are implementing ITPs appropriately and QA/QC records are kept and transferred to the Client as per the contractual requirements;
- Ensure the site working conditions are appropriate as per the specifications and site safety plans;
- Ensure the records of equipment calibration and condition;
- Review of material test certificates for the raw materials purchased;
- Good communication skills, highly motivated, decision making and worked in multitask environment;
- Ensure that non-destructive and other examinations have been performed to the degree specified per IFC Drawings, using qualified personnel, and that results have been fully recorded and completed prior to PWHT and/ or Hydrotest;
- Ensure all hydrotest records / reports are updated and maintained prior to assembly;
- Lessons Learned Reports, Opportunities for Improvement, NCRs, CARs, Procedure and Process revision recommendations;
- Review of turnover documentation;
- Other tasks as needed;
- Overall 5-10 years of experience in engineering and construction (along with associated facilities) quality assurance and control background;
- Technical certificate combined with relevant experience;
- A related industry direct experience in fabrication and inspection of pipeline construction;
- Familiarity with quality management systems such as ISO 9000;
- Must be familiar with pipeline relevant ASME, ASTM, ABSA, ISO, OPR, CSA, API codes and standards;
- Experience in painting / coating inspection would be an asset;
- Comfortable with MS Office and Outlook;
- Have and maintain a valid driver’s license (Drivers abstract required);
- Great working environments!
- Prompt, weekly pay
- Access to free, on-line training including software programs. Upgrade your software skills for free while working for Kelly!
- Resume and interview coaching. We’ll help you improve your employment opportunities!
Quality Technician (Intermediate) - Calgary, ABCalgary, AB, Canada
What we can offer!
Interested? Click on the “Apply” button! Your resumé will be forwarded in confidence to a Kelly consultant, and you will be contacted if selected. We will not share your personal information with our clients without your prior permission.
Not the right opportunity for you? You can create a profile on our Kelly Career Network to be considered for other positions.
Important information: These positions are recruited for by a remote Kelly office, NOT your local Kelly branch. Please send your resume in Word to: Bilal.Shabbir@Kellyservices.com.
Kelly Services believes in relationships not transactions. That’s why we’re committed to successfully matching job seekers with the best employers across Canada and around the world. Whether your specialty is science, IT, finance, engineering, marketing, manufacturing, contact center or business administration, and you’re interested in entry-level or management positions on a temporary or permanent basis, we’ll work with you to understand your likes, dislikes, goals and ambitions, and present you with opportunities that meet your needs. See what we have to offer.
Looking for more? Sign up for our Career Tips Newsletter to receive helpful tips and tricks monthly, connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn & Twitter, or visit kellyservices.ca.
Category: Professional (Other)
Reference ID: CA762CBS000095
Date Posted: 09/10/2019