- Contract Opportunity
- Competitive Pay+ 4% Vacation
- Notable Energy COmpany
Communication Specialist (Senior)- CalgaryCalgary, AB, Canada
Our Public Affairs and Communications team is evolving to meet the needs of our growing business. We’re looking for a communications generalist, with strong writing and project coordination skills to work with a variety of client groups, including, but not limited to, our stakeholder relations teams. As a member of the Corporate Communications team, you will have the opportunity to support our Environment, Land, Indigenous Relations and Public Affairs teams in their corporate communications with external and internal stakeholders.
The successful candidate is a multi-faceted communications professional who has knowledge and experience in a broad range of communications tools, tactics and approaches with exceptional collaboration and writing skills.
What you’ll do
• Understand the business challenges and opportunities for an energy infrastructure company;
• Provide communications recommendations and support on projects and initiatives in the areas including, but not limited to, environment, Indigenous relations, land and community relations;
• Develop fit-for-purpose communications plans that align with our client service delivery model and corporate communications strategic plan;
• Create engaging, informative and audience-centric communications including: intranet and external website content, presentations, videos, podcasts, brochures and collateral, and content for social media and other digital marketing and communications channels, as appropriate;
• Manage the delivery of communications tools and tactics, collaborating with our corporate communications centres of excellence, and our external vendors;
• Monitor and measure communications results and continually improve effectiveness.
• Collaborate with appropriate subject matter experts to establish requirements, determine subject material to be developed, and ensure accuracy and thoroughness of content;
• Organize, write and present information in an appropriate format for the intended audience;
• Edit, standardize, and polish communications written by subject matter specialists;
• Develop original supplementary communication aids such as infographics, charts, tables, conceptual illustrations;
• Coordinate review and revisions processes involving multiple stakeholders;
In completing assignments, the Communications Specialist will:
• Demonstrate independent project management and time management skills to proactively manage long-term projects with multiple deliverables;
• Build in-depth knowledge of the corporate clients’ priorities and subject-matter to enhance their ability to offer effective solutions;
• Build effective and collaborative relationships with internal clients and team members;
• Adhere to corporate communications style guide, and apply corporate brand standards;
• Maintain thorough records and files of work and revisions.
• University degree in communications, journalism, public relations, or business;
• Minimum of 5 years' progressive, related experience in various aspects of corporate communications.
• Communications expertise - able to develop and contribute to internal/external communications plans and digital marketing activities;
• Consulting – able to think critically, weigh alternatives, and recommend effective solutions; able to work with ambiguity and senior leaders;
• Strong, versatile writing – able to write in many styles for a variety of internal and external audiences; ranging from developing technical and detailed program information to storytelling and producing engaging content for digital and social media;
• Project management – able to prioritize and organize communications project work, and coordinate the work of team members;
• A team player with a customer service focus – able to build strong relationships and rapport with clients and team members, and meet requirements under the pressure of tight deadlines;
• Curiosity and motivation to learn about topics related to social responsibility, sustainability and stakeholder relations;
• Experience working in external communications in a complex corporate environment is an asset. Interested? Click on the “Apply” button! Your resumé will be forwarded in confidence to a Kelly consultant, and you will be contacted if selected. We will not share your personal information with our clients without your prior permission.
Not the right opportunity for you? You can create a profile on our Kelly Career Network to be considered for other positions.
Important information: These positions are recruited for by a remote Kelly office, NOT your local Kelly branch. Please apply directly with your resume in Word format to: petra.dubnyk@KELLYSERVICES.COM
Kelly Services believes in relationships not transactions. That’s why we’re committed to successfully matching job seekers with the best employers across Canada and around the world. Whether your specialty is science, IT, finance, engineering, marketing, manufacturing, contact center or business administration, and you’re interested in entry-level or management positions on a temporary or permanent basis, we’ll work with you to understand your likes, dislikes, goals and ambitions, and present you with opportunities that meet your needs. See what we have to offer.
Looking for more? Sign up for our Career Tips Newsletter to receive helpful tips and tricks monthly, connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn & Twitter, or visit kellyservices.ca.
Category: Professional (Other)
Reference ID: CA76ECPD000847
Date Posted: 11/03/2020