- BSc with 1-2 years QC testing experience
- HPLC, GC, IR, UV testing experience
- Ability to test various types of samplese
- Read and understand all policies described in current GMP/GLP and in all laboratory SOPs.
- Perform routine HPLC and GC analysis in which qualified by training and experience.
- Responsible to generate accurate results while following the SOPs or protocol relevant to the tests. Interpret and document all test results including calculations and observations in the laboratory notebook and complete the worksheets.
- Review, initial and date other analyst’s analytical data on the laboratory notebooks, HPLC and GC chromatograms and worksheets for accuracy.
- Ensure that all reagents and solutions are prepared accurately as required in the method and standardized where required and the equipment are calibrated to confirm accuracy, reliability and precision for all the tests perform.
- Responsible for IR and UV-Vis Identification, pH, viscosity, LOD, TOC, KF-Titration, Assay testing of raw materials and finished products involving titrametric and gravimetric analysis in accordance with the established compendial, clients, and in-house testing methods while under the direction of the supervisor.
- Perform routine tests such as Nitrogen determination (Method I and II), Titanium Dioxide Assay, Potentiometric Titration, Dissolution test, special or complicated tests such as Alginate Assay, Sulfur Dioxide, Methoxy group and Hydroxypropoxy group determination involving wet chemistry techniques in which qualified by training and experience. Also routine HPLC and GC analysis when required.
- Responsible for general maintenance and calibration of laboratory equipment such as pH meter, IR spectrophotometer, balances, Karl-Fisher titrator, on scheduled basis according to established in-house procedure.
Analytical/ QC Chemist - ContractToronto, ON, Canada
Kelly Scientific Resources believes in relationships, not transactions. That’s why we’re committed to successfully matching job seekers with the best employers across Canada and around the world. We fill positions from entry level to senior management, on a temporary or permanent basis. Whether your specialty is Science, Engineering, IT, Finance, Marketing, Manufacturing, Contact Centre or Business Administration, we’ll work with you to understand your likes, dislikes, goals and ambitions, and present you with opportunities that meet your needs. See what we have to offer.
Looking for more? Sign up for our Career Tips Newsletter to receive helpful tips and tricks monthly, connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn & Twitter, or visit kellyservices.ca.
Kelly Services (Canada) Ltd., is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.
ANALYTICAL/ QC CHEMIST - CONTRACT
Qualification: BSc Chemistry with 2 years of analytical laboratory experience
Category: Biotechnology & Pharmaceutical
Reference ID: CA7677BM001538
Date Posted: 23/06/2020