- Responsible for developing and coordinating by preparing and adjusting schedules in accordance with applicable collective agreements;
- Schedule staff as authorized by coordinating work schedules on the scheduling software system;
- Perform general staffing and timekeeping functions such as calling in relief staff from a pre-established list according to the Collective Agreement, tracking hours worked, reviewing timesheets for accuracy, verifying hours;
- While the focus is day to day, there is a need to be proactive and optimize workforce productivity and minimize vacancies and overtime by maintaining schedules in advance;
- Escalates issues to the Community Manager and works collaboratively with all department managers and supervisors;
- Approach all aspects of the work being performed with safety as the highest priority. • Administering a timekeeping and staffing database;
- Resolving conflicts within the database and inputting all required changes;
- Understanding of staff skillsets, job roles and managing schedule accordingly;
- Responding to schedule change requests within quick timeframes;
- Resolving conflicts in scheduling;
- Identify gaps in resourcing needs dependent on current project engagements;
- Attends meetings to coordinate changes from internal parties;
- Initiates and supports continuous improvement strategies;
- Supports reporting requirements as necessary;
- 1-2 years’ minimum experience managing a database within a professional work environment;
- Knowledgeable in MS Excel;
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, in both group meetings as well as one-on-one;
- Passion for working with people and optimizing employee strengths;
- Ability to manage multiple and changing priorities simultaneously within a deadline-oriented environment;
- Aptitude for problem solving and ability to think critically while using methodological approaches to find resolutions;
- Ability to take initiative to implement changes and take on projects independently;
- Detail oriented within a busy work environment;
- Strong analytical and organization skills required;
- Kelly-sponsored Affordable Care Act health care coverage available to eligible employees
- Group insurance options*
- Service bonus plan
- Holiday pay plan
- Weekly electronic pay options
- Online training campus that provides more than 3,000 free courses to help improve and develop skills
- Exclusive online employee community
- Employee assistance program available at no cost
- Corporate discounts
Business Services Coordinator IIStrathcona, Edmonton, AB, Canada
Kelly Services is pleased to hire a skilled Business Services Coordinator II for our Edmonton multinational oil & gas client!
Are you looking for the opportunity to work for a global company which fully respects diversity and offers growth to your professional and individual potential? If so, Kelly Services has a new opportunity with our Oil and Gas client in Edmonton! Your best career move could be just around the corner!
Location: Edmonton, AB
Work schedule: 5 days on / 2 days off
Contract duration: January 2020—December 2022
MAIN FUNCTIONS: Organizes and supports activities for a program, department or initiative. Performs administrative tasks in support of effort. Ensures coordination of activities across departments and or individuals. Provides general meeting support and schedule coordination. Works with moderate work direction and is skilled and knowledgeable to the position.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
Experience in resource planning or employee scheduling would be considered an asset. Experience and knowledge of Kronos would be considered an asset.
As a Kelly employee, you’ll have access to premier perks, including:
About Kelly Services
At Kelly, we believe in the strength of relationships rather than transactions. That's why we are committed to placing job seekers among the best employers in Canada and around the world. Our positions range from entry levels to manager levels on a temporary or permanent basis. Whether you are looking for a position in science, IT, finance, engineering, marketing, manufacturing, call center or administration, we will work with you to know your goals and ambitions, find out what you like and what you don’t like and offer you job opportunities that meet your needs. See the benefits of working with us.
Want to know more? Subscribe to our Monthly Career Tips Newsletter for valuable tips or contact us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Please send your most updated Resume in MSWord format. We thank all the candidates but on the most qualified ones will be contacted for an interview.
http://ca.livejobs.recruitadvantage.com/position_description/459/Business Service Coordinator II Edmonton.docx
Reference ID: CA762CMK000064
Date Posted: 03/12/2019