- Oil and Gas
- Responsible for Strategic Sourcing of Equipment, Materials and Services
- Negotiating best value long-term and short-term transactions with vendors
- Source new product streams as may be required
- Identify and develop new vendors.
- Develop purchasing strategies
- Provide Coaching and Mentoring to other Buyers and Trainees
- Act as Change agent and be able to cultivating effective relationships with Clients and vendors
- Ensure that orders are delivered on time and at cost and manage billing, quality and delivery issues.
- Provide support to Purchasing Area Lead as may be required.
- 7 or more years’ experience as a Supply Chain Professional
- SAP Experience Required
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Economics or Engineering.
- Have excellent Communication skills and the ability to effectively manage multiple activities simultaneously
- Intellectually mature, articulate, and able to deal effectively with process management, Leadership and coordinating with key sourcing stakeholders.
- Experience with and familiarity with materials and services in Oil & Gas will be considered and asset
- Supply Chain Management Certification (SCMP or equivalent) will be an asset.
- Team 5
- This is a Calgary based position located at Suncor Energy Centre.
- January 2, 2020 to September 30, 2020
- Competitive pay rate plus 4 % vacation pay and eligible for statutory holiday pay
- Prompt weekly pay cheque via direct deposit
- A safe working environment
- We invest in your personal and professional growth by providing you with free training opportunities via our website
- Onsite cafeteria
Procurement SpecialistCalgary, AB, Canada
Our client, a leader in the Oil and Gas Industry is looking for an experienced and driven Procurement Associate to provide support to their Purchasing Division.
The Procurement Associate (PA) is responsible for negotiating best value long-term and short-term transactions (materials and/or services) with vendors for our capital and operating activities. This position plans and incorporates strategic purchasing plans company-wide and is also responsible for collecting and gathering data on potential suppliers and carriers. In addition, they are responsible for ensuring the right INCOTERMS are designated on the purchase orders. They disperse information about purchasing in particular and procurement as a whole to necessary members of applicable business units across our operations.
Resources in this position typically work in an office setting (Calgary) during normal business hours and report directly to the purchasing Team Leader with occasional travel to site (Fort McMurray/Edmonton). Generally, this position requires a four-year degree in a related field, as well as fluency in English; In addition, the right resource needs to have exceptional organizational skills, ability to meet deadlines, thrive in a fast-paced industry and office atmosphere, have strong written word and verbal skills, and be able to problem solve with good business ethics. They also need to be PC literate, preferably with Microsoft programs.
Procurement Associate Key Tasks:
Experience and Education:
Required Safety training / equipment (if applicable)
Kelly Services offers:
Important information: These positions are recruited for by a remote Kelly office, NOT your local Kelly branch. Please apply directly with your resume to the posting.
About Us Kelly Services believes in relationships not transactions. That’s why we’re committed to successfully matching job seekers with the best employers across Canada and around the world. Whether your specialty is science, IT, finance, engineering, marketing, manufacturing, contact centre or business administration, and you’re interested in entry-level or management positions on a temporary or permanent basis, we’ll work with you to understand your likes, dislikes, goals and ambitions, and present you with opportunities that meet your needs. See what we have to offer. Looking for more? Sign up for our Career Tips Newsletter to receive helpful tips and tricks monthly, connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn & Twitter, or visit kellyservices.ca
Reference ID: CA767ZKL001321
Date Posted: 28/11/2019