Principle EngineerVancouver, BC, Canada
At Kelly Services, we believe in relationships, not transactions. We strive to bring you the BEST opportunity in the market. Currently we have an opening for a Principle Engineer. The Principle Engineer will be executing master test Plan of lead Systems Designer, finding issues and troubleshooting.
Scope of work:
Contract: 8 months
Location: Vancouver, BC
Salary: To discuss
• Design, develop tools and framework to execute performance and reliability (P&R) system test for PREDIX EDGE platform
• Define the performance, reliability, and scalability test plans based on technical specifications and product requirements working with Product Management team
• Provide your analysis to identify performance or reliability issues in our products by troubleshooting issues and help developers find root cause.
• Configuring test environments, servers, monitoring performance tests and identifying application bottlenecks;
• Produce quality engineering documentation on our design and code
• Interact with internal and external multidisciplinary teams to coordinate and achieve project objectives in a prompt manner
• Follow-up KPIs and keep track on overall product performance and reliability metrics
• University or Master’s Degree in course of completion in Engineering (Computer, Software, or Systems), Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent related discipline
• 5+ years of experience in Embedded systems
• 3+ years of programming skills in C/C++ or Java
• 3+ year of experience with Linux OS and Shell scripting
• Strong writing and communication skills to describe test cases and test results
• Strong knowledge of software testing methodologies and software development fundamentals
• Experience in load testing applications building your own tools or using Jmeter, HP load runner or similar tools;
• Experienced running performance testing for network/embedded devices such as routers, firewalls using tools such as tcpreplay, Spirent, IXIA;
• Proficiency in programming using C/C++ or Java
• Scripting proficiency with shell, Perl and/or Python.
• Strong knowledge in Linux OS fundamentals and how memory, CPU, disk and Networking I/O are utilized
• Experience building/maintaining performance or system monitoring and reporting infrastructure using products such as Newrelic, Appdynamics, ElasticSearch;
• Good knowledge of docker-based microservice architecture and experience testing scalability for container-based application;
• Ability to do thorough analysis and provide insightful reports to keep track of P&R health of overall product;
• Experience of network protocols is desirable
• Experience with the following types of tools is desired:
o Continuous build tools such as Jenkins is desired
o Configuration management tools such as Gerrit, git or Github is desired.
o Server deployment/configuration tools such as Chef, Puppet or Ansible
o Test case management tools and issue tracking software (e.g. JIRA, Rally);
Kelly Services is a leader in providing workforce solutions. Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis. Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provides employment to more than half a million people annually.
Please do not contact the local Kelly Branch as they are not responsible for this posting. This is through a separate division of Kelly Services, Global Talent Solutions.
Not the right opportunity for you? You can create a profile on our Kelly Career Network to be considered for other positions.
Looking for more? Sign up for our Career Tips Newsletter to receive helpful tips and tricks monthly, connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn & Twitter, or visit kellyservices.ca.
Reference ID: CA762CRM000282
Date Posted: 10/07/2019