- Contract Opportunity
- Competitive Pay+ 4% Vacation
- World’s Largest Green Energy Company
Geotechnical Engineer (Senior)- Smithers BCCalgary, AB, Canada
This is a field-based role on a northern BC project. This role is part of the Engineering team. The selected candidate would work on a 3 weeks on/1 week off schedule with the ability to travel back to Calgary during the week off.
Field locations could be in various areas of NE BC (this position focuses on the eastern portion of the Project). The individual will be provided lodging at the Workforce Accommodations sites for the various sections, and extensive travel may be required in between work sites.
• Design materials, structures, and systems while considering the limitations imposed by practicality, regulation, safety, and cost.
• Identify geotechnical hazards/instabilities on Project, select mitigations, and develop site specific installation designs in collaboration with the Company Geotechnical Engineering Subject-Matter-Experts (SME) for hazards impacting the pipeline and/or long-term stability of the Right-of-Way (ROW).
• Produce engineering solutions, act as the Company representative on-site with the pipeline construction contractor.
• Interface with the Implementation Team, Pipeline Construction Contractor's geotechnical engineer, Engineering Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), and Geotechnical Engineering Contractor.
• Provide engineering solutions that lead to effective monitoring, assessment and management of geotechnical hazards on pipeline assets, with consideration given for the safety and quality of the solution and life cycle costs for the program.
• This position is viewed as the Company geotechnical expert at site with high technical knowledge and experience. The role requires the ability to make decisions and recommendations on problems presented at site, while assessing the pros/cons of the options present to provide the best solution for the specific situation.
• Bachelor's degree (preferably Masters) in Civil Engineering with a focus on Geotechnical Engineering.
• P.Eng. designation and eligible for registration with EGBC
• Linear pipeline project experience, preferably with large diameter pipelines
• Min. of 10 to 15 years of field and office experience
• Knowledge in geotechnical investigations and drilling techniques in western Canada, geotechnical instrumentation / monitoring, and open cut/trenchless crossing techniques. Interested? Click on the “Apply” button! Your resumé will be forwarded in confidence to a Kelly consultant, and you will be contacted if selected. We will not share your personal information with our clients without your prior permission.
Not the right opportunity for you? You can create a profile on our Kelly Career Network to be considered for other positions.
Important information: These positions are recruited for by a remote Kelly office, NOT your local Kelly branch. Please apply directly with your resume in Word format to: petra.dubnyk@KELLYSERVICES.COM
Kelly Services believes in relationships not transactions. That’s why we’re committed to successfully matching job seekers with the best employers across Canada and around the world. Whether your specialty is science, IT, finance, engineering, marketing, manufacturing, contact center or business administration, and you’re interested in entry-level or management positions on a temporary or permanent basis, we’ll work with you to understand your likes, dislikes, goals and ambitions, and present you with opportunities that meet your needs. See what we have to offer.
Looking for more? Sign up for our Career Tips Newsletter to receive helpful tips and tricks monthly, connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn & Twitter, or visit kellyservices.ca.
Category: Professional (Other)
Reference ID: CA76ECPD000865
Date Posted: 08/05/2020