- Edmonton work location
- Provides occupational health services in an oil refinery location
- Casual/part-time hours - 1 year contract term
- Provides and documents services relating to routine and non routine Occupational Health care of employees and others as determined by local site management within the professional scope and standards of license in collaboration with other health professionals
- Knows of and adhere to local policies, procedures and regulations. May also be involved in the development and implementation of these policies.
- Analyzes and evaluates information to determine and communicate Fitness For Work including the following: case management of injury/illness, routine and non-routine travel preparation, occupational evaluations
- Performs, analyzes, and evaluates Health Screening data to identify possible workplace exposures as required by global Medical and Occupational Health (MOH) and applicable local laws and regulations. Makes recommendations to management based on individual results
- Liaises with external medical services providers to ensure services provided are delivered in accordance with company guidelines
- Conducts Drug and Alcohol Specimen Collections and trains others according to the company Alcohol and Drug Use (ADU) testing procedures
- Actively participates in MOH and Safety, Security, Health, and Environment (SSHE) committees, projects and initiatives. May involve some lead responsibilities at a local level.
- Utilizes clinic resources effectively and appropriately
- Analytical, communicates effectively, courage of conviction, manages risk
- Clinical case management, clinical testing, exposure assessment and controls, health education and promotion / counseling, infectious disease control program management, medical and research ethics, medication clearance assessment, occupational evaluations, occupational health laws, regulations, and company standards, occupational health program management, travel health preparation and assessment, emergency preparedness and response
- Nursing degree, Advanced Nursing degree, Physician Assistant or equivalent, licensed
- Detailed knowledge of occupational medicine, emergency medical response, toxicology, legal issues relevant to occupational health care
Nurse - Safety, Security, Health, and EnvironmentalFort McMurray, AB, Canada
Kelly Services is pleased to be recruiting for this exciting Nursing opportunity with our oil & gas client's Edmonton area refinery. We are seeking a candidate who has occupational health services experience and credentials as either a Registered Nurse (RN) or a Certified Occupational Health Nurse (COHN). This is a casual part-time position. Contact us today!
Job Title: Safety, Security, Health, and Environmental - Nurse I
Interested? Click on the “Apply” button! Your resumé will be forwarded in confidence to a Kelly Services Recruiter. We will not share your personal information with our clients without your prior permission.
Please do not contact your local Kelly Branch as they are not responsible for this posting. This is through a separate division of Kelly Services Strategic Accounts. Please send your resume to: email@example.com
Not the right opportunity for you? You can create a profile on our Kelly Career Network to be considered for other positions.
Kelly Services believes in relationships, not transactions. That’s why we’re committed to successfully matching job seekers with the best employers across Canada and around the world. We fill positions from entry level to management, on a temporary or permanent basis. Whether your specialty is science, IT, finance, engineering, marketing, manufacturing, contact centre or business administration, we’ll work with you to understand your likes, dislikes, goals and ambitions, and present you with opportunities that meet your needs. See what we have to offer.
Looking for more? Sign up for our Career Tips Newsletter to receive helpful tips and tricks monthly, connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn & Twitter, or visit kellyservices.ca.
Reference ID: CA762CKL000339
Date Posted: 08/05/2019