- Provides and documents services relating to routine and non-routine Occupational Health care of employees and others as determined by local site management within the professional scope and standards of license in collaboration with other health professionals.
- Knows of and adhere to local policies, procedures and regulations. May also be involved in the development and implementation of these policies.
- Analyzes and evaluates information to determine and communicate Fitness for Work including the following: case management of injury/illness, routine and non-routine travel preparation, occupational evaluations
- Performs, analyzes, and evaluates Health Screening data to identify possible workplace exposures as required by global Medical and Occupational Health (MOH) and applicable local laws and regulations. Makes recommendations to management based on individual results.
- Liaises with external medical services providers to ensure services provided are delivered in accordance with the employer’s guidelines.
- Conducts Drug and Alcohol Specimen Collections and trains others according to the employer’s Alcohol and Drug Use (ADU) testing procedures.
- Actively participates in MOH and Safety, Security, Health, and Environment (SSHE) committees, projects and initiatives. May involve some lead responsibilities at a local level.
- Utilizes clinic resources effectively and appropriately.
- Behavioral Skills: analytical, effective communication, courage of conviction, risk management
- Functional Skills: clinical case management, clinical testing, exposure assessment and controls, health education and promotion / counseling, infectious disease control program management, medical and research ethics, medication clearance assessment, occupational evaluations, occupational health laws, regulations, and company standards, occupational health program management, travel health preparation and assessment, emergency preparedness and response
- Nursing degree, Advanced Nursing degree, Physician Assistant or equivalent.
- Licensed in the location of operations supported.
- Detailed knowledge of occupational medicine, emergency medical response, toxicology, legal issues relevant to occupational health care.
Nurse ISarnia, ON, Canada
Kelly Services is pleased to be recruiting a knowledgeable Nurse I for our client in Sarnia, a leader in the oil & gas industry. This is a full time 1-year contract.
The successful candidate will be a Registered Nurse (RN) with occupational health experience or Certified Occupational Health Nurse (COHN) to provide occupational health services at a site or operation typically with a more experienced colleague.
Your best career move could be just around the corner!!!
Skills & Qualifications
About Kelly Services
At Kelly, we believe in the strength of relationships rather than transactions. That's why we are committed to placing job seekers among the best employers in Canada and around the world. Our positions range from entry levels to manager levels on a temporary or permanent basis. Whether you are looking for a position in science, IT, finance, engineering, marketing, manufacturing, call center or administration, we will work with you to know your goals and ambitions, find out what you like and what you don’t like and offer you job opportunities that meet your needs. See the benefits of working with us.
Want to know more? Subscribe to our Monthly Career Tips Newsletter for valuable tips or contact us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
http://ca.livejobs.recruitadvantage.com/position_description/459/Nurse I JD.docx
Reference ID: CA762CMK000098
Date Posted: 16/05/2020