- Work primarily with a team of Technician in the Calgary IT Warehouse that has a mandate to manage the life cycle of all computing equipment coming into the Calgary warehouse. The warehouse is primarily focused on end user desktops and laptops including associated peripherals but also include other IT equipment.
- Work as part of a national team of employees and contractors and will focus in handling the orders, managing and distribution of computer hardware to Canadian sites.
- This position includes physical/manual work including lifting/moving of equipment and specialized warehouse equipment safety training.
- Responsible for the safe and secure storage of equipment in the Warehouse.
- Manage new and surplus computer equipment (desktops, laptops, servers, network equipment, phones, printers/plotters, peripherals, etc.)
- Support the Warehouse in accordance with the Computer Equipment lifecycle principles.
- Shipping and receiving of computer assets; updating SAP and ITSM records as appropriate.
- Load, image, configure, troubleshoot and prepare equipment for deployment.
- Maintain/update asset records of all tracked items in the North Warehouse.
- Manage warehouse inventory and assist with the semi-annual asset reconciliation.
- Prepare computer equipment for project rollout activities
- Dispose non-deployable assets using the asset disposal process.
- Position routinely interfaces with other members of the Acquisitions and Distribution Canada team, IT Warehouse staff, the Asset Management team and the Acquisitions team.
- Technical Diploma in related fields
- Working experience as an IT Technician in a warehouse / stockroom environment is an added advantage.
- Computer skills including MS Outlook, MS Office Products and SAP.
- Ability to load, image, configure, troubleshoot and prepare Dell desktops/laptops for deployment is essential.
- Familiarity with Windows 7/8/10 set up and ITSM would be an asset.
- Candidate with previous experience in warehouse environment and has worked in shipping & receiving roles will be added advantages.
- Must be safety focused and complete all necessary safety training.
- Must wear required PPE while working in the Warehouse.
- Ability to carry out physical/manual work including lifting/moving of equipment and specialized warehouse equipment.
IT Warehouse Technician - Calgary, ABCalgary, AB, Canada
IT Warehouse Technician – Calgary, AB
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with our client, a world leader in the oil and gas industry, for IT Support Technician role in managing the life cycle of all computing equipment into the company’s warehouse. This position is based in Calgary, AB.
12 months contract with possibility of renewal.
Interested? Click on the “Apply” button! Your resumé will be forwarded in confidence to a Kelly Recruiter, and if your profile matches the requirement, a Recruiter will contact you. We will not share your personal information with our clients without your prior permission.
Not the right opportunity for you? You can create a profile on our Kelly Career Network to be considered for other positions.Why Kelly®?
With Kelly, you’ll have direct connections to leading IT organizations in the best companies around the globe—offering you the chance to work on some of today’s most intriguing, innovative and high-visibility projects. In a field where change is the only constant, our connections and opportunities will help you take your career exactly where you want to go. We work with 97 of the Fortune 100™ companies, and more than 3,000 IT hiring managers turn to us each year to access the best talent: people like you.
Last year we found 10,000 opportunities for IT professionals. Let us help advance your career today.About Kelly Services®
Kelly Services, Inc. (Nasdaq: KELYA, KELYB) is a global leader in providing workforce solutions. Kelly® offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis. Serving clients around the world, Kelly provided employment to more than 555,000 employees in 2014. Revenue in 2014 was $5.6 billion.
Category: Information Technology
Reference ID: CA76ECJC000550
Date Posted: 12/06/2019