- Contract Opportunity
- Competitive Pay+ 4% Vacation
- Notable Petro-Chemical Company
- Implements detailed, task level, day to day EH&S (Environmental, Industrial Hygiene (IH), Safety, Health Services) programs, utilizing the EH&S work process, standards and procedures.
- Ensures that the environmental, Safety, IH, and Health aspects of Operating Discipline are adequate and applied to achieve EH&S performance goals. In most cases, would perform the role of Section owner for the EH&S sections of Operating Discipline.
- Acts as the Plant resource for related EH&S information on procedures, guidelines and standards.
- Plant contact for Environmental, IH, and Health and Safety issues.
- Coaches teams and individuals on EH&S related tasks and activities.
- Assists in developing and achieving area or plant EH&S goals.
- Ensures compliance tasks are completed.
- Performs / coordinates certain environmental, and IH monitoring, data collection, analyzing and reporting for the Plant
- As required participates in the environmental, IH, and H&S related reviews and projects.
- Coordinates the schedules for audits in the EH&S related areas
- As required conducts and documents investigations of incidents and ensures follow up actions to prevent re-occurrences
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in an industrial or manufacturing environment in a role with strong EH&S drive OR
- Minimum 2 years industrial or construction Occupational Health and Safety work experience.
- Current, valid Class 5 driver's license.
- Comfortable in an industrial setting and able to complete audits in the field.
- Strong leadership as well as people and communication skills.
- Good computer skills. Proficiency in Microsoft applications, such as Word and Excel, and have the ability to learn new systems quickly.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong multi-tasking, problem solving and time management skills.
- Demonstrate leadership skills - inspire others and lead them through influence.
- A self-starter who can identify, prioritize and accomplish multiple tasks with little to no supervision.
- Able to work within an empowered team environment.
- Formal safety certification such as Construction Safety Officer designation or University Occupational Health and Safety
- Working knowledge of Root Cause Investigation process and tools.
- Working knowledge of Alberta Occupational Health and Safety legislation.
- High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- Post-secondary diploma education with specialization in any of the following disciplines; Occupational Health and Safety, Sciences, Engineering, Technology is an asset.
- Great working environments!
- Prompt, weekly pay
- Access to free, on-line training including software programs. Upgrade your software skills for free while working for Kelly!
- Resume and interview coaching. We’ll help you improve your employment opportunities!
EH&S Delivery Technician - Fort Saskatchewan, ABEdmonton, AB, Canada
The incumbent shares with the Environmental Health & Safety (EH&S) Specialist and EH&S Leader the responsibility for the implementation of the EH&S management system (work processes, standards, procedures) in order to meet business objectives and to maintain the license to operate. Provides hands-on Environmental, Industrial Hygiene, and Health & Safety activities for a specific plant.
What we can offer!
Interested? Click on the “Apply” button! Your resumé will be forwarded in confidence to a Kelly consultant, and you will be contacted if selected. We will not share your personal information with our clients without your prior permission.
Not the right opportunity for you? You can create a profile on our Kelly Career Network to be considered for other positions.
Important information: These positions are recruited for by a remote Kelly office, NOT your local Kelly branch. Please send your resume to Bilal.Shabbir@Kellyservices.com
Kelly Services believes in relationships not transactions. That’s why we’re committed to successfully matching job seekers with the best employers across Canada and around the world. Whether your specialty is science, IT, finance, engineering, marketing, manufacturing, contact center or business administration, and you’re interested in entry-level or management positions on a temporary or permanent basis, we’ll work with you to understand your likes, dislikes, goals and ambitions, and present you with opportunities that meet your needs. See what we have to offer.
Looking for more? Sign up for our Career Tips Newsletter to receive helpful tips and tricks monthly, connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn & Twitter, or visit kellyservices.ca.
Reference ID: CA762CBS000213
Date Posted: 17/07/2020