- Located in Oakville
- 1 Year Assignment
- Coordinate and expedite the flow of materials from vendors to internal and external customers according to production schedule requirements.
- Ensures all supplier deliverables are provided in accordance with purchase order requirements.ct as a liaison between Supplier, Purchasing, Engineering, Sales and Project Managers to ensure smooth and timely flow and availability of information.
- Participates in contract kick-off meetings to ensure understanding of all shipping and delivery requirements.
- Review documentation for production schedules, open order reports and purchase orders to determine materials requirements and priorities.
- Arrange for delivery, assembly, and distribution of materials in order to expedite flow of materials and meet production schedules.
- Contact vendors and shippers to check status of orders and ensure that materials are shipped on specified shipping date. Follow-up on orders previously expedited, identify and solve delays in shipment dates.
- Prepare and file accurate documentation on all correspondence, shipping arrangements and related follow-up.
- Prepare and issue necessary expediting related reports as requested.
- Participate in various LEAN and Kaizen programs.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- 1-2 years working in an office environment performing similar duties in a water treatment, power generation, or manufacturing environment
- Proficient in Lotus Notes, SAP, Maringo, Power Point, Word, Excel.
- Proficient with Export documentation.
- Possess excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Possess above average analytical and problem solving skills.
- Capable of working independently, prioritizing, multi-tasking, and organizing.
- Possess ability to comprehend specialized equipment and to communicate technical information to external and internal customers.
- Flexible and adaptable to ever-changing priorities.
- Ability to schedule shipments for a multi-product business.
- Experience in 5S, Kaizen, and LEAN a plus.
Kelly Services has a customer located in Oakville who is looking for an Expeditor to work on a 1 year assignment.
Interested? Click on the “Apply” button! Your resumé will be forwarded in confidence to a Kelly consultant and you will be contacted within  hours. We will not share your personal information with our clients without your prior permission.
Not the right opportunity for you? You can create a profile on our Kelly Career Network to be considered for other positions.
Kelly Services believes in relationships, not transactions. That’s why we’re committed to successfully matching job seekers with the best employers across Canada and around the world. We fill positions from entry level to management, on a temporary or permanent basis. Whether your specialty is science, IT, finance, engineering, marketing, manufacturing, contact centre or business administration, we’ll work with you to understand your likes, dislikes, goals and ambitions, and present you with opportunities that meet your needs. See what we have to offer.
Looking for more? Sign up for our Career Tips Newsletter to receive helpful tips and tricks monthly, connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn & Twitter, or visit kellyservices.ca.
Kelly Services (Canada) Ltd., is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance
Reference ID: CA7619MM000500
Date Posted: 15/05/2019