- Support Upstream application and tools coming from Upstream Digital Accelerator (UDA project).
- Break-fix sustainment to existing application, as well as minor enhancement & develop to improve and optimize application/tools
- Involve in small projects or be part of a larger project as supporting resources occasionally (depending on priority)
- Designs, codes, unit tests and integrates new features and functionality during the current Sprint in accordance with the Acceptance Criteria defined by the Product Owner and team.
- Performs various investigative tasks called "Spikes" in order to mitigate technical uncertainty and risk.
- Engages Application Services Testing group for automated testing
- Completes and ensures completion of any required documentation required e.g. deployment, maintenance, support and business needs
- Attends all Agile ceremonies
- Updates progress daily through the tracking tool and Scrum board
- Participates in the weekly Backlog Refinement meetings to assist the Product Owner to refine the Product Backlog including providing initial estimates
- Helps to breakdown User Stories into Tests/Tasks
- Apply disciplined coding practices to enable agility and delivery of high quality code
- Provides the Team with updated Developer capacity for the Sprint
- Bachelor's Degree in related fields
- Minimum 7 years of application development and / or support experience.
- Minimum 5 years of application development experience using the following technology stack:
- ASP .NET
- Web Services
- Cloud programming on Azure using REACT
- NodeJS and/or AngularJS frameworks
- Hands-on experience in virtualization tools such as Tableau, PowerBI, Seeq, etc.
- Hands on experience on client server, desktop applications, MS Office suite of tools such as XLS Macro, VBA support, etc.
- Machine Learning / AI algorithm knowledge and background will be bonus
- Strong problem solving / trouble shooting skills
- Ability to work directly with business power users
- Team player and collaborative.
- Effective communication skills.
Senior Application Support Developer - Calgary, ABCalgary, AB, Canada
Senior Application Support Developer
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with our client, a world leader in the oil and gas industry. The position will be based in Calgary, AB.
This is a 12-month contract with renewal possibility.
The responsibilities of the Application Support Developer include:
Interested? Click on the “Apply” button! Your resumé will be forwarded in confidence to a Kelly Recruiter, and if your profile matches the requirement, a Recruiter will contact you. We will not share your personal information with our clients without your prior permission.
Not the right opportunity for you? You can create a profile on our Kelly Career Network to be considered for other positions.Why Kelly®?
With Kelly, you’ll have direct connections to leading IT organizations in the best companies around the globe—offering you the chance to work on some of today’s most intriguing, innovative and high-visibility projects. In a field where change is the only constant, our connections and opportunities will help you take your career exactly where you want to go. We work with 97 of the Fortune 100™ companies, and more than 3,000 IT hiring managers turn to us each year to access the best talent: people like you.
Last year we found 10,000 opportunities for IT professionals. Let us help advance your career today.About Kelly Services®
Kelly Services, Inc. (Nasdaq: KELYA, KELYB) is a global leader in providing workforce solutions. Kelly® offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis. Serving clients around the world, Kelly provided employment to more than 555,000 employees in 2014. Revenue in 2014 was $5.6 billion.
Category: Information Technology
Reference ID: CA76ECJC000558
Date Posted: 02/07/2019