- Contract Opportunity
- Competitive Pay+ 4% Vacation
- Notable Petro-Chemical Company
- Performing routine and non-routine analyses
- Calibrating and maintaining equipment
- Assuring the quality of analytical data provided to customers
- Maintain, calibrate, troubleshoot and repair a wide range of analytical equipment
- Perform routine and non-routine analyses and unknown samples in timely manner
- Schedule and perform calibrations and maintenance of analytical systems
- Perform troubleshooting and repair of analytical systems
- Monitor analytical systems, evaluate validity of data, apply statistics, interpret results and take appropriate action
- Document, communicate and archive analytical results, calibration and maintenance data
- Monitor and maintain reagents, standards and consumable items
- Actively participate in the department safety program
- Continuously improve EH&S and analytical performance
- Able to work effectively in, and contribute to, a team environment
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Able to prioritize and manage competing work requirements
- Communicate effectively across a diverse customer base
- Basic working knowledge of organic, inorganic and analytical chemistry
- Basic understanding of statistics and how to apply statistical concepts to laboratory data
- Understand the theory, capabilities and applications of a variety of analytical techniques (wet chemistry, titrations, ICP, IC/LC, GC, FT-IR, TGA)
- Troubleshooting and mechanical skills
- Chemical Technologist diploma or equivalent, B.Sc. Chemistry
- 1-5 years of analytical laboratory experience
- Proficient in MS Office, LIMS
- Great working environments!
- Prompt, weekly pay
- Access to free, on-line training including software programs. Upgrade your software skills for free while working for Kelly!
- Resume and interview coaching. We’ll help you improve your employment opportunities!
Laboratory Technician - Fort Saskatchewan, ABEdmonton, AB, Canada
The main focus of this position will be:
Critical Success Factors
Education/ Certification/ Experience Requirements
What we can offer!
Interested? Click on the “Apply” button! Your resumé will be forwarded in confidence to a Kelly consultant, and you will be contacted if selected. We will not share your personal information with our clients without your prior permission.
Not the right opportunity for you? You can create a profile on our Kelly Career Network to be considered for other positions.
Important information: These positions are recruited for by a remote Kelly office, NOT your local Kelly branch. Please send your resume to Bilal.Shabbir@Kellyservices.com
Kelly Services believes in relationships not transactions. That’s why we’re committed to successfully matching job seekers with the best employers across Canada and around the world. Whether your specialty is science, IT, finance, engineering, marketing, manufacturing, contact center or business administration, and you’re interested in entry-level or management positions on a temporary or permanent basis, we’ll work with you to understand your likes, dislikes, goals and ambitions, and present you with opportunities that meet your needs. See what we have to offer.
Looking for more? Sign up for our Career Tips Newsletter to receive helpful tips and tricks monthly, connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn & Twitter, or visit kellyservices.ca.
Reference ID: CA762CBS000217
Date Posted: 22/07/2020