- Contract Opportunity
- Competitive Pay+ 4% Vacation
- Notable Oil and Gas Company
- In consultation with SC Sourcing Lead, interact with SC leader(s) BU stakeholders, other SC Departments, other internal stakeholders and potential supplier(s).
- Support review of incumbent and other potential suppliers, screening for past performance, strategic direction, financial strength, market position, core capabilities, capacity, and other criteria.
- Build sourcing templates and evaluation criteria with clients.
- Issue and assist with sourcing events- may include kick off meetings, schedule review etc. (Support Sourcing Lead).
- Single point of contact for suppliers during sourcing events – questions, inquiries, updates, communications.
- Coordinate technical reviews and evaluations, secondary negotiations (if required).
- Complete commercial evaluations (financial, terms and conditions).
- Assist with the development of financial impact assessments models.
- Responsible for set up and maintainance of sourcing event records in Ariba.
- Support development of negotiation strategy.
- Support direct negotiations with shortlisted suppliers; communicate iterative results to business; ensure broad support among stakeholders.
- Complete supplier debriefs as required.
- Develop contract and service agreements that drive value for money within acceptable risks and in accordance with SC Policy & Procedures and approved Contracting strategies.
- Assist in continually identifying, prioritizing and mitigating risks and issues related to contracts.
- Assist in developing and recommending commercial contracting strategies.
- Assist in developing and recommending tactics and actions to be pursued in each strategy (e.g. contracting framework, supplier engagement, business participation).
- Assist in ensuring contracting activities are properly aligned with the expectations of the Category, BU, Major Project and stakeholder groups, as applicable, while educating and supporting the deployment of best practices.
- Assist in validating commercial accuracy and feasibility of strategies.
- Assist in developing commercial contract strategies (e.g. pricing types, optional pricing, incentives, milestones, etc.
- Assist in creating contract documents (schedules, etc.) for the Form of Contract in accordance with SC Policies & Procedures.
- Assist in creating Decision Summaries based on sourcing event and negotiations outcomes.
- Assist in documenting and communicating to senior management all recommendations for contract award including commercial rationale.
- Assist in drafting, negotiating, and executing contracts and ensure executed contracts are communicated to all relevant parties.
- Participate in supplier kick-offs (as required), outlining contract requirements and expectations
Sourcing Specalist - CalgaryCalgary, AB, Canada
Priority: The SC Contract Sourcing Specialist is responsible for ensuring that all contracts are drafted with sound commercial judgment and on the right terms that will drive performance and value, while operating under safe, environmentally sound, and fair conditions. They support the creation and execution of relevant Sourcing activities related to the approved Sourcing Strategy.
Scope: Working closely with the SC Sourcing Lead, SC Category Leads, Business Units (BU) and the SC teams, this role will execute the sourcing strategy.
Reporting Structure: This position reports to the Manager, Strategic Sourcing and is an individual contributor which may be required to act as a Functional Lead for the coordination of work/function/portfolio on a daily basis, without direct reports. This position may also be required to indirectly lead and influence stakeholders and peers.
· Assist in onboarding supplier(s), SC Contract Administrator(s), SC Buyers, and BU with the contract(s).
· Assist in ensuring smooth transition to upstream teams upon conclusion of event.
· Assist in coaching BU contract owners to drive performance and compliance of contracts
· Assist in overseeing the implementation of multiple master service and master material supply agreements (MSAs), Stand-Alone agreements, and all purchase orders released (if required)
· Promote and participate in STREAMLINE activities such as team huddles, and promote continuous improvement
· Other duties as assigned from time to time.
Not the right opportunity for you? You can create a profile on our Kelly Career Network to be considered for other positions.
Important information: These positions are recruited for by a remote Kelly office, NOT your local Kelly branch. Please apply directly with your resume in Word format to: petra.dubnyk@KELLYSERVICES.COM
Kelly Services believes in relationships not transactions. That’s why we’re committed to successfully matching job seekers with the best employers across Canada and around the world. Whether your specialty is science, IT, finance, engineering, marketing, manufacturing, contact center or business administration, and you’re interested in entry-level or management positions on a temporary or permanent basis, we’ll work with you to understand your likes, dislikes, goals and ambitions, and present you with opportunities that meet your needs. See what we have to offer.
Looking for more? Sign up for our Career Tips Newsletter to receive helpful tips and tricks monthly, connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn & Twitter, or visit kellyservices.ca.
Reference ID: CA76ECPD000852
Date Posted: 25/03/2020