- Contract Opportunity
- Competitive Pay+ 4% Vacation
- Notable Oil and Gas Company
- Facilitate lessons learned sessions for Canadian Projects, to plan, collect, assess and trigger action for identified learnings and opportunities to improve project and operational performance (with internal and external participants and stakeholders);
- Support investigations and ‘deep dives’ as systemic trends are identified or as engaged by leaders and project managers, including after high-value, high-impact activities or events;
- Analyze and summarize session outcomes and themes in reports for internal teams, leaders and external contractor organizations;
- Coordinate evaluation and action of lessons entered by Canada Gas organization stakeholders and project teams into the BU lessons learned tool, seeking clarification from authors, engaging PMs, SMEs and functional leaders for validation reviews, and communicating with action owners to validate, verify and implement learnings;
- Champion change adoption activities to build culture, enabling Canada Gas strategic objectives and Canadian Projects efforts towards becoming a learning organization;
- Champion adoption and implementation of processes and tools within the Canada Gas BU, and identify and implement improvements to BU business practices and feedback for Project Governance program;
- Communicate opportunities for improvement and operational feedback to design and development, identifying triggers to BU processes, playbooks and optimization activities, and inputs/support to communities of practice;
- Support BU program activities to implement, train and sustain the Canada Gas BU Lessons Learned tool and processes, in alignment with BU and Project Delivery Standard (PDS) Project Governance requirements;
- Monitor activities to ensure action is completed within targets, provide coordination support as required to facilitate cross functional collaboration, and verify and document evidence of action effectiveness;
- Regularly updating performance metrics and reporting for BU lessons learned and improvement activities, monthly scorecard to track progress, perform data analysis to identify systemic trends, and document recommendations for BU leaders and project teams;
- Engage and work with stakeholder teams and internal business partners throughout the project lifecycle, including Operations, CMS, SCM, and ELIR teams.
- Communicate with project team, functional associated personnel, and the external stakeholders in regards to implement and control quality requirements as per company and business unit processes, plans, and procedures;
- Potential of support and doing a Quality Advisor role (as listed above) when addition workload to the team is added.
- 5-10 years of experience with in quality assurance and process improvement environment.
- Technical degree or equivalent diploma / certificate combined with relevant experience;
- Familiarity with quality management systems such as ISO 9000 or API Q2, ASME, ASTM, ABSA, ISO, OPR, CSA, API codes and standards
- Demonstrated collaboration skills and ability to build trust, working with multiple stakeholders and partners at various levels of the organization;
- Strong communication, planning and presentation skills to facilitate effective interaction and enable team building and participation from project teams, senior leadership and external stakeholders;
- Demonstrated business acumen and critical thinking, and able to apply these competencies to business challenges;
- An attitude and aptitude for continual improvement and change management, with strong analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to focus on details without losing sight of the bigger picture;
- Self-starter; takes a proactive approach and can work with minimal supervision;
- Able to manage multiple and conflicting priorities, can work through ambiguity and meet deliverables;
- Flexible and adaptable; thrives and can work in a dynamic, constantly changing and sometimes ambiguous environment.
- High degree of familiarity with SharePoint and shared collaboration sites, proficient with MS Office applications;
- Facilitation experience with large and small groups;
- Knowledge and understanding of the project life cycle.
- Have and maintain a valid driver’s license (Drivers abstract required);
- Potential of travel within Canada (mostly Alberta)
- Experience as a quality advisors working on such items as:
- Developing project quality plans, project specific quality procedures, review ITPs, custom forms/checklists/reports, attend meetings to represent quality;
- Develop, implement, monitor, and oversee the Project Quality Plan throughout all phases of the project.
- Promoting and enforcing the use of NCRs, CARs, KPIs, Trending/Tracking, Audit Close-Out, Process Conformance/Improvement;
- Reporting audit findings and summaries to the leadership, and close the necessary actions;
- Initiating and coordinating in the development and approval of correction actions, verify completeness, and close NCRs;
- Experience in conducting Quality Audits for fabrication, engineering and construction sites.
- Great working environments!
- Prompt, weekly pay
- Access to free, on-line training including software programs. Upgrade your software skills for free while working for Kelly!
- Resume and interview coaching. We’ll help you improve your employment opportunities!
Quality Technician (Intermediate) - Calgary, ABCalgary, AB, Canada
What we can offer!
Interested? Click on the “Apply” button! Your resumé will be forwarded in confidence to a Kelly consultant, and you will be contacted if selected. We will not share your personal information with our clients without your prior permission.
Not the right opportunity for you? You can create a profile on our Kelly Career Network to be considered for other positions.
Important information: These positions are recruited for by a remote Kelly office, NOT your local Kelly branch. Please send your resume in Word to: Bilal.Shabbir@Kellyservices.com.
Kelly Services believes in relationships not transactions. That’s why we’re committed to successfully matching job seekers with the best employers across Canada and around the world. Whether your specialty is science, IT, finance, engineering, marketing, manufacturing, contact center or business administration, and you’re interested in entry-level or management positions on a temporary or permanent basis, we’ll work with you to understand your likes, dislikes, goals and ambitions, and present you with opportunities that meet your needs. See what we have to offer.
Looking for more? Sign up for our Career Tips Newsletter to receive helpful tips and tricks monthly, connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn & Twitter, or visit kellyservices.ca.
Category: Professional (Other)
Reference ID: CA762CBS000096
Date Posted: 09/10/2019