- Contract Opportunity
- Competitive Pay+ 4% Vacation
- Notable Oil and Gas Company
Project Manager- CalgaryCalgary, AB, Canada
What you’ll do
• Provide support to the Engineering team on cost estimating and scheduling during the definition phase;
• Develop project execution plans and schedules, project proposals and regulatory applications;
• Project manage sanctioned projects during the implementation phase;
• Perform time and cost management of the project including budgets and schedules. Managing project cost change control and variance reporting of cost, scope and schedule
• Provide weekly and monthly updates on project performance metrics;
• Coordinate or direct the work of external consultants;
• Demonstrate an understanding of the numerous department stakeholders' expectations and expert contributions and how they can contribute to the project success;
• Other tasks as required
• Previous project management experience considered an asset.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to provide and present timely and relevant feedback/reporting to various stakeholders. Candidate will be asked to submit a technical writing sample
• Must have good judgment and decision-making abilities;
• Ability to work independently to organize, plan, coordinate, and manage multiple projects/tasks simultaneously including providing daily field support;
• Ability to exercise leadership without formal authority and have demonstrated leadership skills for delegation, negotiation, influencing, and consensus building to coordinate work to meet objectives;
• Ability to embrace and lead change;
• Demonstrated familiarity with project management principles and practices
• Demonstrated proficiency in the use of PC-based computer systems and software applications with an emphasis on SAP, Microsoft Excel, Word, and Project
• A strong commitment to Safety and the Environment;
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Self-starter that can work well within a team environment;
• Good relationship building skills both internally and externally;
• Ability to quickly understand new processes and related issues;
• Excellent computer skills - experience with MS Project and Microsoft Web access;
• Strong analytical, problem solving and negotiation skills;
• Understanding of project management methodologies.
Education / Experience:
• University degree or technical school diploma;
• Eligible for Professional Engineering or Technical Designation Status (P.Eng. or C.E.T.)
• A Project Management Professional (PMP) certificate would be an asset.
• Position will be as fit
*This position requires candidates to travel to other company locations for temporary assignments, meetings or training which would involve some overnight stays away from home.
Interested? Click on the “Apply” button! Your resumé will be forwarded in confidence to a Kelly consultant, and you will be contacted if selected. We will not share your personal information with our clients without your prior permission.
Not the right opportunity for you? You can create a profile on our Kelly Career Network to be considered for other positions.
Important information: These positions are recruited for by a remote Kelly office, NOT your local Kelly branch. Please apply directly with your resume in Word format to: petra.dubnyk@KELLYSERVICES.COM
Kelly Services believes in relationships not transactions. That’s why we’re committed to successfully matching job seekers with the best employers across Canada and around the world. Whether your specialty is science, IT, finance, engineering, marketing, manufacturing, contact center or business administration, and you’re interested in entry-level or management positions on a temporary or permanent basis, we’ll work with you to understand your likes, dislikes, goals and ambitions, and present you with opportunities that meet your needs. See what we have to offer.
Looking for more? Sign up for our Career Tips Newsletter to receive helpful tips and tricks monthly, connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn & Twitter, or visit kellyservices.ca.
Category: Professional (Other)
Reference ID: CA76ECPD000840
Date Posted: 13/02/2020