- Prepares work to be accomplished by studying assembly instructions, blueprint specifications, and parts lists; gathering parts, subassemblies, tools, and materials.
- Positions parts and subassemblies by using templates or reading measurements.
- Assembles components by examining connections for correct fit; fastening parts and subassemblies.
- Verifies specifications by measuring completed component.
- Resolves assembly problems by altering dimensions to meet specifications; notifying supervisor to obtain additional resources.
- Keeps equipment operational by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Conserves resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality forms.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Previous experience Supervising a team
- Strong mechanical skills
- Must be able to read and understand blue prints
- Strong attention to detail
- Must have own basic hand tools & tool box
- Able to work efficiently with air and power tools
- Welding skills an asset
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs
- Must be able to work as part of a team
- Permanent position on day shift
- Finish work early on Fridays
- Safe and clean work environment
- Benefits and RRSP match
- Uniforms provided
Mechanical Assembler - straight daysKitchener, ON, Canada
Our client, located in Kitchener, has an immediate opening for a permanent, full time experienced Mechanical Assembler with mechanical assembly skills, responsible for the keeping the shop running and working with team of the final assembly of truck bodies. The ideal candidate has previous experience in Supervising a team, assembling equipment, know how to read blueprints and excellent mechanical skills.
We are looking for:
What's In It For You!
Interested? Click on the “Apply” button OR call 519-772-7737 for more information. Your resumé will be forwarded in confidence to a Kelly consultant and you will be contacted if you meet the requirements of the position. We will not share your personal information with our clients without your prior permission.
Not the right opportunity for you? You can create a profile on our Kelly Career Network to be considered for other positions.
Kelly Services believes in relationships, not transactions. That’s why we’re committed to successfully matching job seekers with the best employers across Canada and around the world. We fill positions from entry level to management, on a temporary or permanent basis. Whether your specialty is science, IT, finance, engineering, marketing, manufacturing, contact centre or business administration, we’ll work with you to understand your likes, dislikes, goals and ambitions, and present you with opportunities that meet your needs. See what we have to offer.
Looking for more? Sign up for our Career Tips Newsletter to receive helpful tips and tricks monthly, connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn & Twitter, or visit kellyservices.ca.
Kelly Services (Canada) Ltd., is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance
Reference ID: CA7650CV000036
Date Posted: 09/02/2019