- Masters or Ph.D. Degree in an Engineering or Scientific field
- Experience in a polymeric materials evaluation role in an industrial or academic lab setting
- Required experience in application-focused polymeric materials evaluation
Materials Scientist - ContractToronto, ON, Canada
Kelly Scientific Resources believes in relationships, not transactions. That’s why we’re committed to successfully matching job seekers with the best employers across Canada and around the world. We fill positions from entry level to senior management, on a temporary or permanent basis. Whether your specialty is Science, Engineering, IT, Finance, Marketing, Manufacturing, Contact Centre or Business Administration, we’ll work with you to understand your likes, dislikes, goals and ambitions, and present you with opportunities that meet your needs. See what we have to offer.
Looking for more? Sign up for our Career Tips Newsletter to receive helpful tips and tricks monthly, connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn & Twitter, or visit kellyservices.ca.
Kelly Services (Canada) Ltd., is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.
MATERIALS SCIENTIST - CONTRACT
KellyScientific Resources is seeking a Materials Scientist with experience in new polymeric materials development and materials evaluation. A fundamental knowledge of structure-properties relationships of polymers, and a solid grounding in testing and evaluation techniques for polymeric materials is essential. Technical experience could include the design and synthesis of specialty polymers and polymeric powders. Industrial experience in commercial materials development is preferred but not required for this position. Experience relating to the development and evaluation of materials for additive manufacturing is additionally desirable. You will join a world class team of scientists and engineers and have access to state-of-the-art materials and infrastructure housed at XRCC and with our partners. Your challenge is to support new materials innovation as part of our internal research program and in support of our external customers.
· Establishing test protocols and identify necessary equipment for evaluation of polymeric materials within defined application areas
· Solid understanding of industrial polymeric materials requirements, to provide input to a large team
· Participate in aspects of complex materials development problem solving
· Develop technical solutions to complex problems that require the use of ingenuity, creativity and sound business judgement
· Analyze and present findings at internal meetings; assume responsibility for project documentation including, for example, internal reports, invention disclosures, journal articles, etc.
· Translate new/existing scientific knowledge into enabling technologies; perform analytical, experimental and modeling work to solve business problems in a timely manner
· Keep abreast of trends and developments in area of expertise and be a subject matter expert in external trends/developments.
Masters or Ph.D. Degree in an Engineering or Scientific field (ie Chemistry, Materials Science, Polymer Engineering etc…)
Additional Details (Discipline, other educational qualifications)
Industrial materials development experience
Additive manufacturing materials development and evaluation
Years of Experience:
New grad to 5 years’ experience
Candidate Background - Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
· Experience in a polymeric materials evaluation role in an industrial or academic lab setting
· Required experience in application-focused polymeric materials evaluation
· Experience in development of additive manufacturing materials considered an asset
· Excellent project management and leadership skills, and ability to work in cross-functional teams
· Demonstrates the ability to regularly represent scientific findings and results to the scientific community
· Strategic thinking capability
· Able to understand complex technical information and communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences
· Excellent communication (verbal & written), presentation, and negotiation skills
· Excellent organization skills: ability to manage multiple tasks under tight deadlines
· Results-oriented, self-starter, highly-motivated individual
· Ability to work well in a multidisciplinary team environment – a team player
· Strong time management and organizational skills
· Experience in troubleshooting and problem solving
· Analytical and systematic in approaching scientific challenges
· Experience working in an ISO 9001:2015 environment an asset
· Experience in design of experiments an asset
Category: Biotechnology & Pharmaceutical
Reference ID: CA7677BM001325
Date Posted: 09/02/2019