- Managing the manufacturing launch and all necessary preparations of ongoing NPI projects including design fabrication and qualification of test equipment, optimizing production assembly and test time, yield and quality, drafting, reviewing and approval of required technical documentation as well as finding/approval of multiple alternate sources for all applicable components.
- Design and development of new, complex wireless electronic products optimized for performance, cost, longevity, reliability and ease/quality of manufacturing and compliance.
- Prototyping and assembly/testing of new experimental electronic circuits.
- Supporting the software team with bringing-up and debugging processors and peripherals on new and existing designs, design & assembly of customer programming adapters/fixtures.
- Develop, validate and document system/hardware test plans for both low and high volume (manual and automated) manufacturing test.
- Evaluate and qualify all key and secondary circuit elements for use in new designs.
- Establish and manage the appropriate testing and certification programs to validate design functionality, compliance to specifications (EMI, temperature vibration, EMC, reliability) and agency approvals/compliance.
- Interfaces with other departments to participate in specification, design and test reviews.
- Bachelor of Science in Electronics Engineering or equivalent
- Experience with modern electronic product manufacturing line design and setup, including best practices and design optimization for DFM, DFT, DFSS (Six Sigma) and statistical process controls.
- Design experience with ARM based and other 8-32 bit MCU, CPU’s, SOC’s, board bring-up & in-circuit debugging.
- Skilled with use of various and specialized test instruments such as oscilloscope, VNA, spectrum analyzer, EMI receiver.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Fluency in English, spoken and written. Bilingual English/French an asset. Spanish would be an asset.
- Versatility, flexibility and willingness to work within constant changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team.
- Experience in sourcing, design, fabrication, optimization and maintenance of electronic PCBA
- Experience managing (and supervising testing for) agency approvals/compliance projects: FCC, UL, CE, PTCRB, carrier acceptance.
- Experience on reliability and qualification testing of advanced electronic systems.
- Experience in technical writing: design specifications, RFQ’s, operation/installation and user manuals for complex electronic systems.
- RF design experience, including antenna design & matching, RF circuit layout of RF IC’s modules, filters and other passive RF components
- Experienced with FMEA and root cause analysis of defective/damaged circuits and mitigation tradeoffs.
Manufacturing Engineer IIILachine, Montreal, QC, Canada
Manufacturing Engineer III
Kelly Services is pleased to be recruiting a Manufacturing Engineer III for our client in Lachine, a multinational Industrial Company. This is a full time 8-month contract.
This position would typically require a minimum of 7 to 10 years of experience in advanced mixed-signal electronic circuit design and layout. Your best career move could be just around the corner!!!
Assets/nice to have qualifications
About Kelly Services
At Kelly, we believe in the strength of relationships rather than transactions. That's why we are committed to placing job seekers among the best employers in Canada and around the world. Our positions range from entry levels to manager levels on a temporary or permanent basis. Whether you are looking for a position in science, IT, finance, engineering, marketing, manufacturing, call center or administration, we will work with you to know your goals and ambitions, find out what you like and what you don’t like and offer you job opportunities that meet your needs. See the benefits of working with us.
Want to know more? Subscribe to our Monthly Career Tips Newsletter for valuable tips or contact us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
Reference ID: CA762CMK000081
Date Posted: 13/02/2020