- Contract Opportunity
- Competitive Pay+ 4% Vacation
- Notable Petro-Chemical Company
- Is responsible for supporting the requisition of all material and labour needed to support maintenance and small projects. This includes creating requisitions, expediting, receiving and tracking materials, and follow-up with vendors regarding invoicing and payments.
- Preference for 2-3 year’s industrial experience and previous experience in handling materials.
- Enters materials, tools, equipment requests via Procurement System or Pro-card and confirms delivery date. Please refer to Global Maintenance Business Rules for Pro-card usage.
- Communicates the order and delivery status, typically by setting various material status/flags throughout the work order cycle in the Computerized Maintenance Management System
- Communicates both ways any potential changes in material specifications between supplier and requestor and initiates system updates as appropriate.
- Shares and raises awareness of MRO potential whether for stock or non-stock item coding.
- Forwards non-coded items to PPM Coordinator
- Coordinates the disposition of all surplus material
- Monitors/tracks materials, tools and equipment orders upon receipt
- May provide requisitioning support for requirements outside of maintenance: operation supplies, projects, etc.
- Arranges materials, tools and equipment in a manner, that it can be identified and picked up according to job needs
- Gather information and input into the appropriate maintenance measures/KPI's such as Hot Shots (abnormal cost of rush delivery), Receipt backlog, material delays
- Communicate vendor performance to procurement services
- Coordinate the repair and or return of materials, tools and equipment obtained on a value added work order
- Utilizes and influences AMSL/Site Sourcing Guide. (Maintenance representative for procurement)
- Uses class/codes to obtain contract pricing, where available
- Works closely with procurement, coding, planning, scheduling and work coordination to provide seamless execution of the GMWP
- Tracks progress versus required delivery date until receipt and expedites when progress is behind schedule.
- Follows-up as focal point on all issues with material, orders, delays.
- Periodically reviews material status report tools to assure on-time delivery including refurbishment items
- Requisitioning of off-site resources depending on organizational design and role availability
- Supports WAC/Planner in sending unused material back to warehouse and/or vendor
- Uses Metrics to measure MC task (hot shot, delays, etc.) and develops action to improve the process.
- Experience in SAP and maintenance work processes preferred
- Utilize procurement business rules and work processes
- Experience and knowledge in material management processes
- Experience and knowledge of warehouse processes
- Follow Global marshaling, and receiving work processes
- Use the approved manufacturing suppliers list
- SAP and basic computer skills
- Material Procurement processes
- Warehousing processes
- Great working environments!
- Prompt, weekly pay
- Access to free, on-line training including software programs. Upgrade your software skills for free while working for Kelly!
- Resume and interview coaching. We’ll help you improve your employment opportunities!
Junior Materials Coordinator - Fort Saskatchewan, ABEdmonton, AB, Canada
Skills (employee knows how to):
Knowledge (employee knows/understands):
What we can offer!
Interested? Click on the “Apply” button! Your resumé will be forwarded in confidence to a Kelly consultant, and you will be contacted if selected. We will not share your personal information with our clients without your prior permission.
Not the right opportunity for you? You can create a profile on our Kelly Career Network to be considered for other positions.
Important information: These positions are recruited for by a remote Kelly office, NOT your local Kelly branch. Please send your resume to Bilal.Shabbir@Kellyservices.com
Kelly Services believes in relationships not transactions. That’s why we’re committed to successfully matching job seekers with the best employers across Canada and around the world. Whether your specialty is science, IT, finance, engineering, marketing, manufacturing, contact center or business administration, and you’re interested in entry-level or management positions on a temporary or permanent basis, we’ll work with you to understand your likes, dislikes, goals and ambitions, and present you with opportunities that meet your needs. See what we have to offer.
Looking for more? Sign up for our Career Tips Newsletter to receive helpful tips and tricks monthly, connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn & Twitter, or visit kellyservices.ca.
Category: Material Handling
Reference ID: CA762CBS000086
Date Posted: 10/09/2019