- BSc with 3 years or MSc/ PhD with 1+ years experience in industry formulation development
- Experience in developing liquid and semi-solid products
- Experience in working in a GMP focused environmenet
- Develop formulae and process for new products -- including literature searches, sourcing materials and packaging components, preparing lab scale developmental batches, designing and executing experiments to support the final formulation and process.
- Write Master Formulas for Batches and oversee manufacturing
- Plan project development activities proactively, and update outcomes and completion of the activities in a timely manner
- Report and document all research work is performed -- this includes documentation of protocol, experimental process, problems and observations and formulation development report.
- Participate in activities leading to Technical Transfer, process validation and commercial production troubleshooting under the guidance of Senior Formulation Scientist/Manager
- Complete GMP training for updated SOPs, and complete all GMP activities and documentation correctly and in a timely manner.
- Ph.D. or a M. Sc. degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences with minimum one year of experience in formulation development OR a B.Sc. / College degree with 3 years of experience in Semi-Solid and Liquid formulation development.
- Good theoretical and practical knowledge of liquid and semi-solid formulation development.
- Hands on experience and skills with design, implementation and evaluation of experiments.
- A good understanding of GMP.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to utilize and apply basic scientific knowledge and semi-solid theories to design effective experiments.
- Evaluate and assess formulations and processes based on analytical results.
Formulation ScientistToronto, ON, Canada
Kelly Scientific Resources believes in relationships, not transactions. That’s why we’re committed to successfully matching job seekers with the best employers across Canada and around the world. We fill positions from entry level to senior management, on a temporary or permanent basis. Whether your specialty is Science, Engineering, IT, Finance, Marketing, Manufacturing, Contact Centre or Business Administration, we’ll work with you to understand your likes, dislikes, goals and ambitions, and present you with opportunities that meet your needs. See what we have to offer.
Looking for more? Sign up for our Career Tips Newsletter to receive helpful tips and tricks monthly, connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn & Twitter, or visit kellyservices.ca.
Kelly Services (Canada) Ltd., is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.
Category: Biotechnology & Pharmaceutical
Reference ID: CA7677BM001442
Date Posted: 08/10/2019