- Contract Opportunity
- Competitive Pay+ 4% Vacation
- Notable Petro-Chemical Company
- Gather and compile data essential to formation and/or administration of contracts.
- Assist with implementation of Contract Management practices and procedures and coordinates and monitors completion of assigned tasks.
- Receives limited direction from supervisor and may support one or more Projects with Contract Administration & Procurement duties.
- Maintains a working knowledge of Dow’s Contract Management & Procurement Standards/Policies, programs and goals by planning and applying Contract Management practices and procedures as established by Dow on a project site.
- Ensure and apply functional work processes and procedures to comply with audit reviews.
- Prepare and maintain all electronic and hard copy files in accordance with Dow’s Numbering and Filing System.
- Perform all other duties requested by immediate supervisor(s) in order to support and achieve project milestone goals.
- Develop and make formal presentations when given the opportunity.
- Understand technical terminology and developments and apply technical skills or procedures with oral and written communication skills.
- Apply administrative and organizational skills with basic knowledge of contract types and terms.
- Understand and implement practices and procedures using good judgment and problem solving.
- Generate and consider alternatives. Provide out of the box solutions and be flexible.
- Prepare, maintain, retrieve and communicate records, reports and/or documents that may be required to meet corporate and Contract Management requirements.
- Support Contract Manager and Strategic sourcing team to develop Contracting and Compensation Strategy, Conduct Contract Risk Assessment and Pre-qualification of Contractors including Contractor resource survey.
- Support Contract Manager and Sourcing team for internal Request for Proposal (RFP) and RFP explanation meetings, contract pre-award meetings, final negotiations and drafting/finalization of contract documents.
- Participate in negotiation of contract terms and conditions, coordinate technical scopes of work, including interface with all project disciplines (including project controls, legal services, project management, construction, engineering, finance/accounting and EPCM firm).
- Handle Invitation To Bid (ITB) distribution, bid process and correspondence from Contractors, including meetings and site visit/access.
- Prepare Bid Proposal evaluation for review and clarification.
- As delegated; negotiate, manage, verify Contractor bids, finalize the responses (risks, commercial, legal and technical) and assemble final package to ensure compliance with Owner’s requirements.
- Interface with all levels of the project team – and be able to represent and interface with all levels of internal and/or external management and corporate organization personnel (Contractors / Suppliers).
- Serve as Primary focal point between Owner and Contractor interactions regarding commercial activities to manage commercial communication and coordination with Owner and Contractor.
- Coordinate Owner team training/RACI alignment for the contract.
- Ensure proper documentation to support a requisition for Purchase Order (PO).
- Ensure proper Delegation Of Authority (DOA) in place before issuing PO.
- Manage post award administration to ensure Contractor complies with contract terms/conditions, pricing and Personal Authority Approval Form (PAAF).
- Manage/administrate Work Element Release (WER).
- Ensure alignment of the Contractor with the Award Package.
- Support to ensure alignment of the Contractor with the Project Execution Plans.
- Empowered to make changes per delegation.
- Manage, prepare and track Change Orders.
- Ensure support documents and proper approvals for change orders and claims.
- Ensure compliance with Owner audit activities and participate in project functional audits.
- Work closely with the Construction team at the site to ensure the most effective field administration of the contracts.
- Ensures that the contractor complies with contract conditions.
- Ensures that the contractor works to an agreed schedule and keeps it up to date.
- Ensures alignment of the contractor with the Project Execution Plan.
- Monitors design engineering, purchasing and construction activities.
- Keeps Control Documents current when changes occur.
- Delivers EPC documentation (including “as-built”).
- Ensures compliance with cost management and scope/criteria management processes.
- Ensures contractor compliance with project and owner’s safety requirements.
- Fosters teamwork between the owner’s project team and the EPC firm.
- Manages communication between the project team and the contractor.
- Documents project measurements and key learning experiences.
- Initiates corrective actions to meet project goals for cycle time, cost and quality.
- Brings in owner resources as required.
- Resolves day-to-day issues which arise.
- Great working environments!
- Prompt, weekly pay
- Access to free, on-line training including software programs. Upgrade your software skills for free while working for Kelly!
- Resume and interview coaching. We’ll help you improve your employment opportunities!
Contracts Administrator - Fort Saskatchewan, ABEdmonton, AB, Canada
The Contracts Administrator supports the EPC Contract Manager to ensure contracts preparation, execution and closure meet the project defined requirements and contract compliance.
Specific responsibilities from contract formation, implementation and closure include:
General Duties and Tasks:
What we can offer!
Interested? Click on the “Apply” button! Your resumé will be forwarded in confidence to a Kelly consultant, and you will be contacted if selected. We will not share your personal information with our clients without your prior permission.
Not the right opportunity for you? You can create a profile on our Kelly Career Network to be considered for other positions.
Important information: These positions are recruited for by a remote Kelly office, NOT your local Kelly branch. Please send your resume to Bils622@Kellyservices.com
Kelly Services believes in relationships not transactions. That’s why we’re committed to successfully matching job seekers with the best employers across Canada and around the world. Whether your specialty is science, IT, finance, engineering, marketing, manufacturing, contact center or business administration, and you’re interested in entry-level or management positions on a temporary or permanent basis, we’ll work with you to understand your likes, dislikes, goals and ambitions, and present you with opportunities that meet your needs. See what we have to offer.
Looking for more? Sign up for our Career Tips Newsletter to receive helpful tips and tricks monthly, connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn & Twitter, or visit kellyservices.ca.
Category: Professional (Other)
Reference ID: CA762CBS000161
Date Posted: 14/02/2020