- Drive safety performance to a zero-incident free culture.
- Champion the use of the Canada Occupational Health and Safety Regulations and safety best practices.
- Assist the Construction Leader on a project, including visible, proactive leadership in all matters related to environmental, health and safety.
- Proactively participate as a team player with the attitude of not allowing other team members to fail.
- Coach construction contractors to drive performance in safety.
- On site supervision of construction contractor’s requiring this person to spend at least 80% of their time in the field.
- Ensures that all construction activities are executed safely.
- Must provide significant safety visibility and activity level.
- Must be actively involved with daily interventions and observations.
- Must take personal accountability for their own safety.
- Participate in Monday morning all hands safety meeting.
- Participate in daily behavior based observations.
- Participate in weekly safety audits.
- Duties & Essential Job Functions:
- Write field permitting: Safe Work, Hot work, Permit Required Confined Space Entry, Excavation etc.
- Ensures 2nd level approval for permit checklist(s)
- Conducts onsite inspects when SWP is active
- Ensures area monitoring equipment (ie gas techs) are calibrated and in place at activity
- Closeout of SWP, mandatory onsite close out required for LEO, Hotwork and Fall Prevention
- Maintains record keeping for all SWP and checklist(s) issued
- Inspects LCGs weekly for compliance and maintains documentation in field and up to date
- Maintains record/documentation of people accessing/leaving construction areas
- Provides personnel accountability during emergencies
- Maintains communication devices (ie radios) for sign in/out
- Review and understand Job Safety Analysis and Site Specific Rescue Plans for each job.
- Acts as a resource for Dow Construction staff and construction contractor employees in general safety questions.
- Takes personal ownership and responsibility for protecting people from harm, and develop strategies that drive performance and support continuous improvement.
- Other Functions and Responsibilities:
- Must have good written, verbal communication, and organizational skills.
- Ability to read and interpret policies, programs, and regulations.
- Able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and ensure prompt completion of tasks and assignments.
- Must be a self-starter and able to work independently. Relies on minimal instructions and pre-established guidelines and timetables to perform the functions of the job.
- Personally stays engaged with pushing the project forward during all established working hours.
- Responsible for pushing construction contractors forward during all established working hours.
- Notifies the Dow Construction Leader in a timely manner if construction contractors are not being productive.
- Proactively coaches construction contractors to work in the safest and most efficient manner.
- Proactively removes barriers and road blocks.
- Excellent knowledge of Western Canada Operations safety practices and willingness to enforce those practices.
- Strong leadership ability
- Excellent communication skills.
- Demonstration of the ability to solve problems and make decisions at a task force level.
- Planning and organizational talent.
- Adaptable to changes.
- Strong initiative and able to work with very little oversight.
- Familiar with a variety of construction field’s concepts, practices and procedures.
- Strong electrical safe work experience
- Strong safe work permit experience
- Strong how work experience
- Strong confined space entry experience
- Strong elevated work experience
- Strong isolation of energy sources experience
- Strong line and equipment opening experience
- Strong trenching and excavation experience
- Strong heavy equipment safety experience
- Ability to develop strong working relationships both internally and externally
- Great working environments!
- Prompt, weekly pay
- Access to free, on-line training including software programs. Upgrade your software skills for free while working for Kelly!
- Resume and interview coaching. We’ll help you improve your employment opportunities!
Construction Permit Writer - Fort Saskatchewan, ABEdmonton, AB, Canada
Job Description: This person will report directly to the Construction Leader and shall be required to have good interpersonal skills; knowledge and awareness of industrial construction while working safely under provincial and company procedures.
Summary: The Construction Permit Writer (CPW) will support the Construction Leader to ensure overall project success. The CPW will assist with the daily administration of the Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) programs and is responsible for writing work permits that ensure compliance with statutory requirements and promote safe and healthy working conditions. Support implementing established policies and procedures, prepares reports, provides site inspections, and supports training.
Experience: 10+ year’s Operational Experience in Western Canada Operations.
What we can offer!
Interested? Click on the “Apply” button! Your resumé will be forwarded in confidence to a Kelly consultant, and you will be contacted if selected. We will not share your personal information with our clients without your prior permission.
Not the right opportunity for you? You can create a profile on our Kelly Career Network to be considered for other positions.
Important information: These positions are recruited for by a remote Kelly office, NOT your local Kelly branch. Please send your resume to Bilal.Shabbir@Kellyservices.com.
Kelly Services believes in relationships not transactions. That’s why we’re committed to successfully matching job seekers with the best employers across Canada and around the world. Whether your specialty is science, IT, finance, engineering, marketing, manufacturing, contact center or business administration, and you’re interested in entry-level or management positions on a temporary or permanent basis, we’ll work with you to understand your likes, dislikes, goals and ambitions, and present you with opportunities that meet your needs. See what we have to offer.
Looking for more? Sign up for our Career Tips Newsletter to receive helpful tips and tricks monthly, connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn & Twitter, or visit kellyservices.ca.
Reference ID: CA762CBS000005
Date Posted: 14/03/2019