- Contract Opportunity
- Competitive Pay+ 4% Vacation
- Notable Oil and Gas Company
Community Relations (junior)- CalgaryCalgary, AB, Canada
• Understand and uphold Public Affairs internal policies and processes
• Understand stakeholder engagement requirements and contribute to the development of responses to meet those requirements
• Coordinate with Public Awareness, Communications and Community Investment teams and provide Community Relations support in interacting with internal and external stakeholders.
• Makes decisions using established guidelines, procedures and/or policies, within level of accountability.
• Applies strong knowledge of applicable regulations, policies and practices.
• Represent the project team with external stakeholders (e.g. communities, municipalities and counties) as appropriate;
• Manage the delivery of project specific information packages and project updates to stakeholders for community relations team
• Act as the first point of contact for requests for information related to Community Relations policy and governance; -
• Assist in developing and implementing strategic stakeholder engagement approaches
• Represent to external stakeholders by attending and participating in community and sponsorship events
• Assist in the development of decision summaries as it relates to community relations activities; -
o Support the development of project communication materials including fact sheets, brochures, display materials, newsletters, etc.; -
o Research and identify new community relations/stakeholder engagement opportunities in existing and new geographical areas in support of strategic plan -
• Develop and implement event plans as required – -
• Liaise with the project and Public Affairs team to anticipate and understand stakeholder engagement requirements and ensure that they are met efficiently and effectively within appropriate regulatory timelines; -
• Act as first point of contact, internally and externally, to respond to requests for information; -
• Track activation budgets associated with corporate partnerships;
• Develop and implement tools and best practices for practitioners across the company
• Develop and maintain an inventory of the Community Relations teams services, products and offerings
• Develop/maintain new and existing CR practitioner tools and deliverable templates
• Support the necessary updates including supporting documents and procedures, and work with project CR team members to ensure its consistent application; -
• Conduct research to inform on industry best practices regarding Community Relations and ensure that Public Affairs team is meeting or exceeding industry benchmarks; -
• Support the development and implementation of a Community Relations strategy and framework in accordance with policies and procedures; -
• Revisit existing Stakeholder Engagement Commitment Statement and assess the need to develop a formal business policy that would be applied consistently across projects; -
• Conduct research on grant requests, negotiate recognition opportunities, and make recommendations that support and enhance reputation, growth strategy and commitment to communities; -
• Coordinate the delivery of special events and campaigns associated with corporate partnerships; -
• Liaise with Corporate Communications to leverage community investment initiatives through social media, media relations and marketing programs
• Community Investment
• Support the development and implementation of project Community Investment strategies in accordance with policies and procedures and Corporate Community Investment Program; -
• Participate in the implementation of the community investment strategy at the national, regional and local levels;
• Participate in the evaluation and recommendation of community requests in accordance with the community investment program strategy, policies and procedures
• Identify, recommend and develop community investment partnerships with non-profit and charitable organizations; -
• Enter Stakeholder engagement logs into StakeTracker and monitor stakeholder issues to ensure follow-up and closure; -
• Review and update Staketracker logs in preparation for filing regulatory applications;
• Serve as the Community Relations Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Legal Requirements Monitoring Process (LRMP) Program
Interested? Click on the “Apply” button! Your resumé will be forwarded in confidence to a Kelly consultant, and you will be contacted if selected. We will not share your personal information with our clients without your prior permission.
Not the right opportunity for you? You can create a profile on our Kelly Career Network to be considered for other positions.
Important information: These positions are recruited for by a remote Kelly office, NOT your local Kelly branch. Please apply directly with your resume in Word format to: petra.dubnyk@KELLYSERVICES.COM
Kelly Services believes in relationships not transactions. That’s why we’re committed to successfully matching job seekers with the best employers across Canada and around the world. Whether your specialty is science, IT, finance, engineering, marketing, manufacturing, contact center or business administration, and you’re interested in entry-level or management positions on a temporary or permanent basis, we’ll work with you to understand your likes, dislikes, goals and ambitions, and present you with opportunities that meet your needs. See what we have to offer.
Looking for more? Sign up for our Career Tips Newsletter to receive helpful tips and tricks monthly, connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn & Twitter, or visit kellyservices.ca.
Category: Professional (Other)
Reference ID: CA76ECPD000838
Date Posted: 13/02/2020