- Rate verification of applicable invoices
- Prepare cash disbursement vouchers/wire transfer requests with supporting documentation and route to appropriate parties for goods/services received, rate verification and approval.
- Code of invoices according to approved payables guidelines.
- Track contract expenditures and compliance with contract terms for non-drilling contracts.
- Track and analyze spend vs. contract value, for planning and budgeting purposes; report deviations and implement corrective actions.
- Maintain logs and inform about any deviations or errors in invoice registration process
- Keep close relationship and communication with suppliers and ensure all invoices are processed in due time and as per the payables policies and controls in place
- Ensure timely payment of invoices and proper communication with all suppliers.
- Update and register new vendors to include collecting vendor’s bank details, classification and other items needed.
- Ensure all controls requirements are met, including consulting with the Controls Coordinator as needed.
- Prepare and execute change orders, work order call-offs, amendments or extensions of contracts.
- Answer queries from vendors regarding payments and provide proof of payment document where requested
- B.S. Degree in Accounting, Finance or related fields
- 5-10 years of closely related experience
- Excellent command of the English language is required.
- Must have good analytical, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be proficient in current communication mediums and technologies (i.e., Microsoft Office, telecommunications, email, meetings)
- Knowledge of the payables process and accounting systems preferred.
Accounts Payable ClerkSt. John's, NL, Canada
Scope of work
Location: St. John's
Contract: 10 months with possibility of extension
Schedule: M-F, 40h\week
Salary: to discuss, based on experience
Our Client is currently looking for an Accounts Payable Clerk/Coordinator who will be responsible for the processing, tracking, verification, and payment of vendor invoices in accordance with standard controls and procedures. The candidate will be responsible for the timely and accurate processing of invoices in accordance with Company's policies and procedures.This includes rate verification of applicable invoices, ensuring proper DOAG approvals are obtained, proper date stamps and coding are used and researching vendor inquiries.
Tasks and responsabilities:
Skills and qualifications
Interested? Click on the “Apply” button! Your resume will be forwarded in confidence to a Kelly consultant and you will be contacted as soon as possible. We will not share your personal information with our clients without your prior permission.
Not the right opportunity for you? You can create a profile on our Kelly Career Network to be considered for other positions.
About Us Kelly Services believes in relationships, not transactions. That’s why we’re committed to successfully matching job seekers with the best employers across Canada and around the world. We fill positions from entry level to management, on a temporary or permanent basis. Whether your specialty is science, IT, finance, engineering, marketing, manufacturing, contact center or business administration, we’ll work with you to understand your likes, dislikes, goals and ambitions, and present you with opportunities that meet your needs. See what we have to offer. Looking for more? Sign up for our Career Tips Newsletter to receive helpful tips and tricks monthly, connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn & Twitter, or visit kellyservices.ca.
Kelly Services (Canada) Ltd., is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.
Reference ID: CA762CRM000292
Date Posted: 12/08/2019