- 3-5 years’ experience in and accounting position;
- Excellent communication skills and works well in a collaborative environment.
- Proficient in Excel and the suite of MS office products.
- Experience with SAGE would be considered an asset.
- Ability to deal with sensitive and highly confidential information.
- Able to meet deadlines, multi task, strong organizational skills and to work independently or as a team member;
- Inventory – process inventory adjustments, set up new inventory items, manage the inventory count process, investigate discrepancies, and reconcile on a monthly basis
- Prepare weekly and monthly sales and commission reports
- Prepare corporate journal entries for interest, depreciation and intercompany transactions
- Provide analysis of financial statement variances at month-end
- Assist with the month-end close process
- Reconciliation of banking transactions and preparation of bank deposits
- Accounts Receivable – assist with the collection of accounts and customer follow-up
- Accounts Payable – assist with the payable process including data entry, matching purchase orders and investigating discrepancies
- Provide support to front desk (typically once a week to cover lunch)
- Assist VP Finance and other management team members as needed
Accounting ClerkDartmouth Crossing, Burnside, Dartmouth, NS, Canada
We are looking for a professional accounting clerk in Burnside! This is a temporary position that will be lead to a permanent opportunity for the successful candidate. If you are an organized, dedicated, focused individual looking for an exciting challenege, in a team oriented & collaborative environment; We want to hear from you!
Start Date: Late October 2019
Duration: Temporary Opportunity to Permanent Opportunity
Hours: Monday - Friday 8:30am - 5:00pm; 37.5 per week
This position will suit an enthusiastic, learning-focused, detail oriented individual with:
Committed to exceptional customer service, every day
Interested? Click on the “Apply” button! Your resume will be forwarded in confidence to a Kelly consultant, and you will be contacted. We will not share your personal information with our clients without your prior permission.
Not the right opportunity for you? You can create a profile on our Kelly Career Network to be considered for other positions at www.kellyservices.ca.
Kelly Services believes in relationships, not transactions. That’s why we’re committed to successfully matching job seekers with the best employers across Canada and around the world. We fill positions from entry-level to management, on a temporary or permanent basis. Whether your specialty is science, IT, finance, engineering, marketing, manufacturing, contact centre or business administration, we’ll work with you to understand your likes, dislikes, goals and ambitions, and present you with opportunities that meet your needs. See what we have to offer. Looking for more? Sign up for our Career Tips Newsletter to receive helpful tips and tricks monthly, connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn & Twitter, or visit kellyservices.ca
Reference ID: CA7311HM000002
Date Posted: 19/10/2019