- BSc or MSc Degree in synthetic Chemistry or related
- Experience in the design, synthesis, and characterization of small molecules and/or polymers
- Experience in design of experiments an asset
- Bachelor or Masters Degree
- Degree in synthetic Chemistry or related field
- New grad to 4 years of experience
Synthetic & Formulation ScientistToronto, ON, Canada
Kelly Scientific Resources believes in relationships, not transactions. That’s why we’re committed to successfully matching job seekers with the best employers across Canada and around the world. We fill positions from entry level to senior management, on a temporary or permanent basis. Whether your specialty is Science, Engineering, IT, Finance, Marketing, Manufacturing, Contact Centre or Business Administration, we’ll work with you to understand your likes, dislikes, goals and ambitions, and present you with opportunities that meet your needs. See what we have to offer.
Looking for more? Sign up for our Career Tips Newsletter to receive helpful tips and tricks monthly, connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn & Twitter, or visit kellyservices.ca.
Kelly Services (Canada) Ltd., is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.
SYNTHETIC & FORMULATION SCIENTIST
Xerox Research Centre of Canada is seeking a Scientist with experience in the design, synthesis, and formulation of novel molecules and materials.
You will join a world class team of scientists and engineers and have access to state-of-the-art materials and infrastructure housed at XRCC and with our partners. Your challenge is to support new materials innovation as part of our internal research program and in support of our external customers.
· Design, synthesis, purification, and characterization of small molecules and/or polymers
· Design and execution of ink and coating formulation and optimization studies, including required characterization
· Participate in aspects of complex formulation problem solving and formulation development
· Develop technical solutions to complex problems that require the use of ingenuity, creativity and sound business judgement
· Analyze and present findings at internal meetings; assume responsibility for project documentation including, for example, internal reports, invention disclosures, journal articles, etc.
· Translate new/existing scientific knowledge into enabling technologies; perform analytical, experimental and modeling work to solve business problems in a timely manner
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
· Experience in the design, synthesis, and characterization of small molecules and/or polymers required
· Experience in formulating inks and/or coatings considered an asset
· Experience in design of experiments considered an asset
· Strong time management and organizational skills
· Experience in troubleshooting and problem solving
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills, demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a team
· Analytical and systematic in approaching scientific challenges
· Experience working in an ISO 9001:2015 environment an asset
Category: Biotechnology & Pharmaceutical
Reference ID: CA7677BM001415
Date Posted: 14/08/2019