Talent Coordinator - Part Time/EveningsHamilton, ON, Canada
The Talent Coordinator will sit onsite at the customer’s location. The role is designated to assist in the overall support of the contingent workforce at a customer location in the food manufacturing space. Essentially, the position acts as an extension of the customer's human resources department by developing and maintaining the relationship with the customer and contingent employees through best in class service. This role acts as the Face of Kelly Services to the customer and contingent workforce. Working in conjunction with our internal operations and shared services staff, the individual will have a broad range of responsibilities. These responsibilities include but are not limited to working with hiring managers to understand current and future staffing needs, facilitating the process to acquire contingent staff and then ensuring orders are filled timely and with qualified employees.
• High School Diploma or equivalent, Human Resources or related field relevant experience
• Experience implementing and or managing onsite/on–the-job safety practices
• Experience Managing/Growing an Account.
• Proven experience creating/developing best practices to promote positive customer and employee engagement.
• Strong negotiation, interpersonal, follow-up and decision-making skills; extensive experience interfacing with clients to work through challenges, ideas, etc. in a strategic way
• Ability to function in complex, metrics oriented and fast paced work environment
• Ability to work with cross-functional teams and with varying levels within the organization (floor employees through site director)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills (Spelling, Grammar, clearly and appropriately communicate via email)
• Individual must be able to function independently/autonomously yet know when to involve management
• Ability to adjust to constantly changing workforce demands
• Creative, strong attention to detail skills, with the ability to multi-task, use sound judgment and to be flexible with frequent changing demands.
• Strong problem solving and decision-making skills required
• Must have proficient computer skills including ATS, MS Office (Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint)
• Comfortable working in a diverse environment.
• Self-motivated and resourceful
• Independent thinker with problem solving and conflict resolution skills change
• Ability to work autonomously and offer solutions to identified gaps
• Confident in ability to ensure compliance to client and Kelly Services policies and procedures
• Able to focus/multi-task in fast-paced Manufacturing environment
• Must adapt quickly and appropriately to change.
• Must be able to respond to client’s frequently changing staffing needs
• Leadership responsibilities
To apply, please select "Apply Now" on this posting, or at www.kellyservices.ca. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those being considered for the role will be contacted directly.
Kelly Services (Canada) Ltd., is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.
Category: Human Resources
Reference ID: CA762CTG000074
Date Posted: 17/05/2019