- Post-secondary education in Labour Relations/Human Resources/Law
- 2-3 years of labour relations experience
- Experience working directly with unions. Working with multiple unions would be considered an asset
- Exceptional communication skills (both oral and written)
- You are a motivated professional who takes pride in quickly resolving workplace issues and disputes using a win-win approach.
- Given the expectations for labour relations team, you are flexible, adaptable and decisive.
- You are proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, Teams).
- The daily administration of the Collective Agreement and counsel and consult with our people leaders on labour relations matters.
- The grievance resolution process, corrective actions and our attendance management program.
- Provide support to the administration of our workplace policies and statutory obligations.
- The probationary employee review process.
- Drafting corrective action letters, workplace agreements, grievance resolutions, and other related correspondence.
- Investigations, and administer corrective action where necessary. Participate in arbitrations and other dispute resolution processes or statutory processes
- Training and coaching on labour relations topics to enhance our workplace culture
- Workplace investigations and mediations.
- Labour relations initiatives and project work to further enhance our workplace effectiveness.
- Conduct research and analyze data, including providing recommendations on the proper course of action.
- Collective bargaining preparation and negotiations.
- Labour relations data management processes and departmental process improvements
Labour Relations SpecialistHalifax, NS, Canada
Kelly is currently recruiting a Labour Relations Specialist for Irving Shipyard in Halifax, NS. This individual will have junior/intermediate knowledge and experience in Labour Relations while obtaining an educational certificate in Human Resources.
Monday - Friday, 40 hours/week
Located in Halifax, NS
Benefits Package (H/D/V)
Related Skills & Experience:
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Interested? Click on the “Apply” button! Your resumé will be forwarded in confidence to a Kelly consultant, and you will be contacted. We will not share your personal information with our clients without your prior permission.
Not the right opportunity for you? You can create a profile on our Kelly Career Network to be considered for other positions.
Kelly Services believes in relationships not transactions. That’s why we’re committed to successfully matching job seekers with the best employers across Canada and around the world. Whether your specialty is science, IT, finance, engineering, marketing, manufacturing, contact centre or business administration, and you’re interested in entry-level or management positions on a temporary or permanent basis, we’ll work with you to understand your likes, dislikes, goals and ambitions, and present you with opportunities that meet your needs. See what we have to offer.
Looking for more? Sign up for our Career Tips Newsletter to receive helpful tips and tricks monthly, connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn & Twitter, or visit kellyservices.ca.
Category: Human Resources
Reference ID: CA7311MM000052
Date Posted: 04/12/2019