- Contract Opportunity
- Competitive Pay+ 4% Vacation
- Notable Petro-Chemical Company
- Complying with all relevant health, safety and environmental policies, procedures and controls to ensure employee safety, legislative compliance by demonstrating a safety conscious attitude.
- Working with planners/engineering/operations to review and approve piping repair and alteration packages prepared by turnaround the planning group to ensure piping specifications, engineering standards and code requirements are met.
- Working with engineering project teams for new construction projects.
- Developing inspection requirements for piping repairs, alterations and new construction projects as part of the turnaround work planning process.
- Working with contractor quality control personal to assign Owner’s hold points as required.
- Performing quality assurance surveillance and ITP hold point inspections on behalf of the Owner for repair, alteration and new construction project work to meet all company, applicable code and regulatory requirements.
- Providing schedule updates during pre-work, execution and post work to Turnaround Coordinators as required.
- Reviewing and signing off AB-83’s as part of the final turnover for Owner’s acceptance.
- Two year Technical School Diploma (Welding, Materials, or Mechanical Engineering Technologist) or relevant Engineering Degree with 4+ years working experience in a petrochemical/refinery plant or equivalent work environment, OR
- Other technical / journeyman certification combined with 8+ years’ relevant experience with pressure equipment operation, fabrication, maintenance and inspection (example: Power Engineering, Journeyman Welder, Journeyman Pipefitter etc.
- Meet the requirements of an Owner’s Inspector as defined in ASME B31.3
- ABSA In-Service Equipment Inspector Certificate of Competency (Pressure Piping)
- CSA W178.2 Welding Inspector Certification (CWB Level 1 or Level 2)
- Knowledge and experience of NDE techniques: PT, MT, RT, UT.
- Knowledgeable in application and interpretation of ASME B31.1, B31.3 and ASME Section IX.
- Knowledge and experience with reading and interpretation of plant drawings & datasheets: P&ID’s, piping and equipment.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite of programs and working knowledge of SAP and Bluebeam.
- Excellent communication skills both written & verbal
- NDE Certification: C.G.S.B. Level II in Magnetic Particle Examination and Liquid Penetrant Examination.
- Knowledge and experience with in-progress examination (AB-519).
- Certification in API 570.
- Previous experience as an Owner’s Inspector.
- Lokring installation and/or inspection experience.
- Great working environments!
- Prompt, weekly pay
- Access to free, on-line training including software programs. Upgrade your software skills for free while working for Kelly!
- Resume and interview coaching. We’ll help you improve your employment opportunities!
ASME Inspector - Fort Saskatchewan, ABEdmonton, AB, Canada
The ideal candidate for this role will be a strong communicator who can build and maintain effective working relationships with a diverse range of individuals. You will need the ability to manage numerous, competing and shifting priorities successfully. Someone results-oriented who has consistently demonstrated the ability to meet identified objectives and achieve results will excel in the role.
As a member of Turnaround Team, you will be responsible to act as the Owner’s Inspector on behalf of Client for piping repairs, alterations and new construction projects during the 2020 Turnarounds. This includes:
Skills and Knowledge:
Other Qualifications and Experience That Would Be Considered an Asset:
What we can offer!
Interested? Click on the “Apply” button! Your resumé will be forwarded in confidence to a Kelly consultant, and you will be contacted if selected. We will not share your personal information with our clients without your prior permission.
Not the right opportunity for you? You can create a profile on our Kelly Career Network to be considered for other positions.
Important information: These positions are recruited for by a remote Kelly office, NOT your local Kelly branch. Please send your resume to Bils622@Kellyservices.com
Kelly Services believes in relationships not transactions. That’s why we’re committed to successfully matching job seekers with the best employers across Canada and around the world. Whether your specialty is science, IT, finance, engineering, marketing, manufacturing, contact center or business administration, and you’re interested in entry-level or management positions on a temporary or permanent basis, we’ll work with you to understand your likes, dislikes, goals and ambitions, and present you with opportunities that meet your needs. See what we have to offer.
Looking for more? Sign up for our Career Tips Newsletter to receive helpful tips and tricks monthly, connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn & Twitter, or visit kellyservices.ca.
Category: Skilled Trades
Reference ID: CA762CBS000143
Date Posted: 14/01/2020