- Part-time position, evenings and weekends, up to 20 hours/week, not a set schedule
- Minimum 2 years Terminal Operations experience required
Terminal Operator - Oil & Gas, Ottawa ONOttawa, ON, Canada
Kelly Services is pleased to be recruiting candidates for a Terminal Operator position with our oil & gas client's Ottawa site. This is a part-time position requiring two years of previous terminal operations experience.
Hourly rate of pay: to be determined
Schedule: Part time position, evenings and weekends, up to 20 hours/week, not a set schedule
Perform activities related to the receipt and shipping of all products and additives at the site. Perform functions relating to site operations, ensuring the reliability of equipment and the supply/delivery system. Operate, maintain and repair site facilities in a safe, efficient, cost effective and environmentally sound manner. Participate in activities which contribute to site safety and security, environmental protection, quality and business controls, in a manner consistent with the principals of operational excellence.
• Operate and maintain all facets of measurement systems, subject to Company procedures. (meters, weighscales, gauging, injectors …)
• Comply with all health and safety and regulatory legislation.
• Participate in scheduled operations and safety meetings
• Comply with all controls standards and procedures
• Conduct all site business with the mindset of safety and ensure 100% compliance with the documented operating and administrative procedures outlined in the PDM and participation in all elements of the Loss Prevention System.
• Work with other Company departments as required, assisting with operational and maintenance activities.
• Act as a member of the Site Emergency Response Team
• Support the mandates of both the Product Quality and Supply groups for the purposes of maintaining superior product quality and the efficient management and resolution of supply issues.
• Manages and coordinates contractors and drivers with respect to safety, orientation and compliance
• High-level working knowledge of measurement practices
• Strong computer skills including Excel and Word.
• Excellent understanding of product quality requirements
• Secondary/ High School Diploma
• Minimum 100% of assigned Stage 3 Training per GMT Standards
• Minimum 2 years of experience in Terminal Operator position
• Working knowledge of the applicable rules, regulations and standards for the operation
• Strong level of interpersonal skills
• Excellent negotiation and communication skills
• Works with some supervision and support.
• Demonstrates leadership skills
• Valid Driver’s License
• Good mechanical aptitude.
Interested? Click on the “Apply” button! Your resumé will be forwarded in confidence to a Kelly Services Recruiter. We will not share your personal information with our clients without your prior permission.
Please do not contact your local Kelly Branch as they are not responsible for this posting. This is through a separate division of Kelly Services Strategic Accounts. Please send your resume to: email@example.com
Not the right opportunity for you? You can create a profile on our Kelly Career Network to be considered for other positions.
Kelly Services believes in relationships, not transactions. That’s why we’re committed to successfully matching job seekers with the best employers across Canada and around the world. We fill positions from entry level to management, on a temporary or permanent basis. Whether your specialty is science, IT, finance, engineering, marketing, manufacturing, contact centre or business administration, we’ll work with you to understand your likes, dislikes, goals and ambitions, and present you with opportunities that meet your needs. See what we have to offer.
Looking for more? Sign up for our Career Tips Newsletter to receive helpful tips and tricks monthly, connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn & Twitter, or visit kellyservices.ca.
Reference ID: CA762CKL000394
Date Posted: 04/10/2019