- Contract Opportunity
- Competitive Pay + 4% Vacation
- Notable Oil and Gas Company
- Great working environments!
- Prompt, weekly pay
- Access to free, on-line training including software programs. Upgrade your software skills for free while working for Kelly!
- Resume and interview coaching. We’ll help you improve your employment opportunities!
Aboriginal/Indigenous Relations (Senior) Vancouver BCVancouver, BC, Canada
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Indigenous & Local Contracting & Employment (ILCE) this position is responsible for implementing and supporting various contracting strategies to engage Indigenous and local communities in CGL’s implementation phase. Although this position reports to the Senior Manager, ILCE the role requires a very close working relationship with the on-site Construction Manager(s) and the Inspection Teams. Indigenous and local contracting is a key component of Aboriginal/Native American policy and of our overall engagement with communities. This position is based in Northern BC. The successful candidate will be expected to divide their time between various local Indigenous communities and CGL’s work sites depending on the Project’s requirements. The position is to be camp based - camp residency is a requirement also, significant travel to Indigenous and local communities and CGL worksites is required. Please note that the proportions of time in camp and travel will shift based on Project requirements.
To be successful in this role, you must be adaptable, responsible and a team player. Our team is looking for someone who thrives in a dynamic and fast-pace environment. In addition to being well organized, you possess strong business judgement and communication skills needed to interact with a variety of people and job functions.
This position is not eligible for either domestic relocation assistance or cross-border relocation assistance.
Responsibilities and Job duties:
• Support strategies to involve Indigenous and local communities in Northern BC and garner support from internal clients
• Function as the single point of contact for on-site issues related to commitments made under the Projects Indigenous and Local Contracting & Employment program; additional activities will include participation in, and support of, issues related to the Project’s engagement with Indigenous communities
• Monitor, review and support the subcontracting efforts of CGL Prime contractors with respect to the involvement of Indigenous and local communities. This includes accountability for the resolution of on-site disputes relating to the Project’s ILCE program and the Project in general
• Assist with the development of communication materials for Indigenous and local communities and contractors to support the ILCE program
• Other duties as required
• Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma in engineering or related discipline and/or a combination of a minimum of 10 years of construction industry experience, preferably with 2+ years at the Project Manager or Task Manager level. Ideally this is related to pipeline or other large-scale industry/projects
• Direct experience working with Indigenous communities
• An aptitude for working as a self-starter with minimal direct supervision
• Experience with the successful delivery and implementation of project management and implementation/construction
• Highly organized and effective, with proven success engaging and maintaining relationships across multiple functional areas
• This position requires candidates to have and maintain a valid driver's license and provide a driver's abstract for review
• All positions require background screening. Some include criminal and/or credit checks to comply with regulations.
• Demonstrates aptitude and willingness to be a change agent
• Knowledge of policies and procedures with a general understanding of the organization's structure, business interests and key stakeholders, is preferred
What we can offer!
Interested? Click on the “Apply” button! Your resumé will be forwarded in confidence to a Kelly consultant, and you will be contacted if selected. We will not share your personal information with our clients without your prior permission.
Not the right opportunity for you? You can create a profile on our Kelly Career Network to be considered for other positions.
Important information: These positions are recruited for by a remote Kelly office, NOT your local Kelly branch. Please send your resume to PETD245@Kellyservices.com.
Kelly Services believes in relationships not transactions. That’s why we’re committed to successfully matching job seekers with the best employers across Canada and around the world. Whether your specialty is science, IT, finance, engineering, marketing, manufacturing, contact center or business administration, and you’re interested in entry-level or management positions on a temporary or permanent basis, we’ll work with you to understand your likes, dislikes, goals and ambitions, and present you with opportunities that meet your needs. See what we have to offer.
Looking for more? Sign up for our Career Tips Newsletter to receive helpful tips and tricks monthly, connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn & Twitter, or visit kellyservices.ca.
Category: Professional (Other)
Reference ID: CA76ECPD000814
Date Posted: 15/01/2020