- Perform assessments on the quality of department controls and potential ineffectiveness
- Assess the quality and completeness of department account reconciliations
- Monitor and assess passed adjustments/errors on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Represent department on projects that require a controls representative/perspective
- Co-ordinate and facilitate of special projects and process improvement initiatives for controls
- Monitor control gaps and help to document gap assessments
- Other ad hoc queries as necessary
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business-related area.
- 10+ years relevant work experience with CPA designation.
- Strong financial system skills with Oracle and SAP and Microsoft applications.
- Strong understanding of how financial reporting and accounting processes function including system controls, financial controls and risk assessment.
- Highly motivated, self-starter with the ability and willingness to take initiative: proactively promote, implement and uphold the principles, aspirations and strategies of the department/business unit/company.
- Ability to identify process gaps and implement process improvements.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and networking skills; ability to interpret and clearly communicate information, best practices and lessons learned with internal and external parties; able to make strong impact and significant contributions to the business while giving sound advice.
- Commitment to workplace safety.
- Kelly-sponsored Affordable Care Act health care coverage available to eligible employees
- Group insurance options*
- Service bonus plan
- Holiday pay plan
- Weekly electronic pay options
- Online training campus that provides more than 3,000 free courses to help improve and develop skills
- Exclusive online employee community
- Employee assistance program available at no cost
- Corporate discounts
Accounting Analyst IVNorth York, Toronto, ON, Canada
Accounting Analyst IV
Work Location: North York, ON
Job Type: Full time1-year Contract
Are you looking for an opportunity to work for a global company which respects diversity and ensures professional growth? Do you have a CPA with an experience with US GAAP & SOX? If so, Kelly Services Offers you a great opportunity in Ontario!!!
The Accounting Analyst supports the Internal Controls process. This role will deliver support to ensure that a robust internal control environment is maintained in accordance with US GAAP Standards and to protect the integrity and reliability of accounting and financial reporting.
As a Kelly employee, you’ll have access to premier perks, including
About Kelly Services
At Kelly, we believe in the strength of relationships rather than transactions. That's why we are committed to placing job seekers among the best employers in Canada and around the world. Our positions range from entry levels to manager levels on a temporary or permanent basis. Whether you are looking for a position in science, IT, finance, engineering, marketing, manufacturing, call center or administration, we will work with you to know your goals and ambitions, find out what you like and what you don’t like and offer you job opportunities that meet your needs. See the benefits of working with us.
Want to know more? Subscribe to our Monthly Career Tips Newsletter for valuable tips or contact us on Facebook & twitter.
http://ca.livejobs.recruitadvantage.com/position_description/459/Accounting Analyst IV Job description.docx
Reference ID: CA762CMK000026
Date Posted: 07/06/2019