- Contract Opportunity
- Competitive Pay+ 4% Vacation
- Notable Energy Company
Training Coordinator (IR)- CalgaryCalgary, AB, Canada
Focused on project execution and regulatory compliance, the Monitoring and Training Coordinator will work closely with the Engagement Lead, Community Capacity Development Coordinator and Construction Liaison, as well as Environment and Project Managers. In this role the successful candidate will engage directly with Indigenous groups and external stakeholders to deliver the IR Monitoring and Training initiative. The successful candidate will also be responsible for supporting and strengthening respect and trust with Indigenous groups to establish long-term relationships and enhance understanding.
• Lead the implementation of the IR Monitoring and Training initiative to support regulatory authorizations and contribute to community capacity building initiatives;
• Engage with Indigenous groups to build understanding of the monitoring and training initiative and enhance relationships;
• Liaise with and provide direction to third-party consultant to realize monitoring and training objectives and deliverables;
• Collaborate with IR team and consultant to coordinate Indigenous participant recruitment;
• Engage with and assist educational institution(s) with delivery of the training program;
• Collaborate with internal stakeholders to deliver related training;
• Ensure Indigenous participants have completed required training prior to mobilizing to the worksite;
• Provide instruction to field personnel (i.e. IR monitoring coordinators/field support staff) to execute monitoring and training initiative;
• Liaise with Indigenous groups, Environmental Inspectors, Construction Manager and Project Manager to manage and resolve issues that arise;
• Review daily and weekly reports submitted by Indigenous participants;
• Prepare and share monitoring and training status reports with Indigenous groups;
• Ensure communications between field personnel, Indigenous participants and their respective communities are documented and stored in accordance with policies and procedures;
• Ensure commitments with Indigenous groups are tracked and actioned;
• Support cost and schedule forecasts for project monitoring and training budget; and
• Prepare monthly summary report for communication with Project team.
• Demonstrated ability to build strong respectful relationships with Indigenous groups, ranging from the grassroots to leadership
• Experience engaging with Indigenous groups and working with representatives and community members to resolve complex and often contentious issues
• Knowledge of the federal and provincial regulatory processes and consultation guidelines, particularly as they relate to the energy industry in Canada
• Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to find creative solutions to problems
• Proven facilitation and influencing abilities
• Superior communication skills, both verbally and in writing, with the ability to effectively present to a variety of audiences
• Superior communication skills, both verbal and written, including presentations
• High energy and ability to work in a dynamic and diverse team environment, and be a team player to achieve project-driven deliverables in a fast-paced environment
• Previous experience working in the mid-stream energy industry is considered a valued asset
• Experience in using Microsoft Office Suite, SAP, and software such as Higher Gear and StakeTracker
• Post-secondary degree or equivalent in a relevant area of study, such as Community Development, Education, Indigenous Studies, Anthropology, or Business Administration
• Minimum six years of experience working with Indigenous groups
• Must have and maintain a valid driver's licence Interested? Click on the “Apply” button! Your resumé will be forwarded in confidence to a Kelly consultant, and you will be contacted if selected. We will not share your personal information with our clients without your prior permission.
Not the right opportunity for you? You can create a profile on our Kelly Career Network to be considered for other positions.
Important information: These positions are recruited for by a remote Kelly office, NOT your local Kelly branch. Please apply directly with your resume in Word format to: petra.dubnyk@KELLYSERVICES.COM
Kelly Services believes in relationships not transactions. That’s why we’re committed to successfully matching job seekers with the best employers across Canada and around the world. Whether your specialty is science, IT, finance, engineering, marketing, manufacturing, contact center or business administration, and you’re interested in entry-level or management positions on a temporary or permanent basis, we’ll work with you to understand your likes, dislikes, goals and ambitions, and present you with opportunities that meet your needs. See what we have to offer.
Looking for more? Sign up for our Career Tips Newsletter to receive helpful tips and tricks monthly, connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn & Twitter, or visit kellyservices.ca.
Category: Professional (Other)
Reference ID: CA76ECPD000850
Date Posted: 24/03/2020