- Prepare Field employee payroll including input and processing in keeping with the systems and processes used by the Branch Office; follow up on missing or delayed time slips; prepare data for transfer to the National Development Centre;
- Daily verification of employee’s time, application of provincial legislative rules and company polices to create a payroll file for transmission. Examine, reconcile and verify time reported to time scheduled.
- Manage sick time and vacation time requests and banks
- Reconcile and balance payroll files using Time and Labour system, Solid understanding, interpretation and application of all provincial Employment Standards and Collective Agreements
- Ensure all field staff and contractors are paid accurately and on time managing various different payroll cycles and adhering to very strict tight deadlines.
- Calculate overtime, and stat holiday pay per legislative rules and/ or company polices
- Apply pay polices for field staff working under a collective agreement. Track and calculate sick, bereavement, MSP and any other areas covered per the agreement.
- Prepare billing files in numerous forms, including input and processing in keeping with the systems and processes used by the Branch Office; prepare data for transfer to the National Service Centre;
- Prepare invoices, resubmission of files, manage Billing Reconciliation ensuring all services provided are paid and any required billing adjustments are processed in a timely manner
- Resolution of billing queries and questions from clients and funders Review aged trial balance reports; handle overdue accounts and collections as required.
- Review sales and margins reports; reconcile hours billed versus hours paid
- 3-5 years’ experience preferred
- Strong Excel knowledge and skills at an advanced level
- Direct experience with PeopleSoft HCM and Finance
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong commitment to continual learning
- Must be able to deal with high-pressure situations professionally in a fast-paced environment
- Strong administrative/ organizational skills
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
Payroll & Billing CoordinatorNiagara-on-the-Lake, ON, Canada
Job Title: Payroll & Billing Coordinator
Position Type: Permanent, Full-time 40 hours
Wage: $50,000 per year
Work Location: Niagara Falls, ON
The Payroll/Billing Coordinator, under the direction of the Team Lead, completes day to day payroll and billing activities as required by the Branch Office and provides relevant information to the National Service Centre. This position acts as a liaison between the branches across the country and the corporate office for Central payroll processing.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Reference ID: CA7680GD000027
Date Posted: 15/01/2020