- Contract Opportunity
- Competitive Pay+ 4% Vacation
- World’s Largest Green Energy Company
Cost Estimation (Senior)- CalgaryCalgary, AB, Canada
Reporting to the Manager, Estimate, Risk & Progress Manager and in complete coordination with the Construction Manager, the Construction estimator/Quantity Surveyor is responsible for:
• Reviewing construction plans and client issued drawings and preparing quantity requirements.
• Validation of contractor’s LEMs (labor/equipment) and Daily Field Reports (DFRs) utilized on the cost reimbursable scopes.
• Measurement of progress/volumes on all pipeline construction activities.
• Measuring and tracking unit price items (UPI) and monitoring the associated costs.
• Scrutinizing contractor’s report on quantities installed and reconciling frequently.
• Understanding and enforcing contract documents.
• Tracking planned vs. actual resource allocations (labour, equipment, and materials) for all activities.
• liaise with the contractor, construction manager, project manager, cost controls, field engineers and office progress specialists.
• Assist CMT by proof checking LEMs, progress and payment documentation for compliance and accuracy
• Report regular actual quantities installed vs planned, provide variance explanations, risks/impacts and mitigation plans as required
• Document and track any changes in design and raise trends to update quantities/budgets.
• Establishing and maintaining professional relationships with external and internal stakeholders.
• Physically capable of standing and walking for extended time periods at site as required.
• Five or more years of related pipeline or Linear project construction experience
• Construction estimating experience is required..
• Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
• Excellent negotiating and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to organize, plan, and strategize.
• Self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Comfortable in a field(Kitimat BC) or office setting Interested? Click on the “Apply” button! Your resumé will be forwarded in confidence to a Kelly consultant, and you will be contacted if selected. We will not share your personal information with our clients without your prior permission.
Not the right opportunity for you? You can create a profile on our Kelly Career Network to be considered for other positions.
Important information: These positions are recruited for by a remote Kelly office, NOT your local Kelly branch. Please apply directly with your resume in Word format to: petra.dubnyk@KELLYSERVICES.COM
Kelly Services believes in relationships not transactions. That’s why we’re committed to successfully matching job seekers with the best employers across Canada and around the world. Whether your specialty is science, IT, finance, engineering, marketing, manufacturing, contact center or business administration, and you’re interested in entry-level or management positions on a temporary or permanent basis, we’ll work with you to understand your likes, dislikes, goals and ambitions, and present you with opportunities that meet your needs. See what we have to offer.
Looking for more? Sign up for our Career Tips Newsletter to receive helpful tips and tricks monthly, connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn & Twitter, or visit kellyservices.ca.
Category: Professional (Other)
Reference ID: CA76ECPD000878
Date Posted: 30/06/2020