- Contract Opportunity
- Competitive Pay+ 4% Vacation
- World’s Largest Green Energy Company
Facilities Technician (Senior)- HardistyHardisty, AB, Canada
In this position you will operate and maintain oil pipelines facilities and auxiliary equipment in a manner to meet operational needs in compliance with company and regulatory requirements, and may be required to perform tasks from other disciplines.
You will be required to travel to other locations for temporary assignments, meetings or training.
The regular work schedule will be as follows:
• Week 1 – three day shifts (12 hours/shift), one day off, three night shifts (12 hours/shift)
• Week 2 – three days off, four day shifts (12 hours/shift)
• Week 3 – one week off
• Week 4 – four days of maintenance (8 hours/day), Monday to Thursday
• Week 5 – four night shifts (12 hour/shift), three days off
*This position may be requested to provide support during emergency response incidents or extended days due to operational needs, as required.
• Ensure facilities and personnel comply with Community, Safety and Environmental policies and procedures as well as accepted risk standards;
• Perform preventive maintenance and inspections on site equipment;
• Operate and maintain automated sampling systems;
• Perform oil quality tests;
• Ensure accuracy of custody transfer ticketing;
• Operate and maintain tank gauging and dynamic measurement equipment;
• Assist other technicians as required;
• Respond to 24-hour callouts and emergency events;
• Independently enter and locate data on computerized systems such as GeoFind, EDMS, SAP;
• Utilize and maintain prints with minimal direction;
• Oversee project activities by providing Active Control duties;
• Understand emergency management, preparedness and response procedures;
• Organize work to meet deadlines and priorities;
• Expected to adhere to all Operating Procedures ;
• Support site shipping and receiving requirements;
• Maintain access roads within the pipeline facilities;
• Other related duties, as assigned.
• Highly motivated and disciplined with strong interpersonal skills to effectively work in a team environment;
• Ability to work independently in the execution of specific duties while sharing responsibilities in support of team and company objectives;
• Completion of tasks and assignments in a safe and environmentally responsible manner, including ensuring proper handling and disposition of hazardous waste is required;
• Demonstrated ability to competently and efficiently perform the duties assigned based on qualifications and experience;
• Effective written & verbal communication skills;
• Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills;
• Willingness to work in all areas required by the team;
• Comfortable working in systems start-up environment;
• Proven planning and organization skills;
• Excellent communication, analytical and troubleshooting skills;
• Competent using equipment applicable to the operation of pipeline systems;
• Current with technological advances in the oil pipeline field;
• Utilize computers and e-mail for internal and external communication, record keeping, maintenance management, on-line reporting, material and supply ordering and filing of various forms. Interested? Click on the “Apply” button! Your resumé will be forwarded in confidence to a Kelly consultant, and you will be contacted if selected. We will not share your personal information with our clients without your prior permission.
Not the right opportunity for you? You can create a profile on our Kelly Career Network to be considered for other positions.
Important information: These positions are recruited for by a remote Kelly office, NOT your local Kelly branch. Please apply directly with your resume in Word format to: petra.dubnyk@KELLYSERVICES.COM
Kelly Services believes in relationships not transactions. That’s why we’re committed to successfully matching job seekers with the best employers across Canada and around the world. Whether your specialty is science, IT, finance, engineering, marketing, manufacturing, contact center or business administration, and you’re interested in entry-level or management positions on a temporary or permanent basis, we’ll work with you to understand your likes, dislikes, goals and ambitions, and present you with opportunities that meet your needs. See what we have to offer.
Looking for more? Sign up for our Career Tips Newsletter to receive helpful tips and tricks monthly, connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn & Twitter, or visit kellyservices.ca.
Category: Professional (Other)
Reference ID: CA76ECPD000874
Date Posted: 17/06/2020