- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in a Scientific/Technical field
- 5+ years’ experience in the Pharmaceutical, Healthcare or related industry with 2 years supervisory experience in a QC laboratory
- Requires extreme adeptness in attention to detail/follow up
- Practical knowledge of at least one ERP application is an asset
- Experience in developing and delivering training
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Computer proficiency including LIMS and MS Office
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills (dynamic, strong relationship builder and influencer)
- Proficient in English (Proficient or functional in French is considered an asset)
- Provides oversight and manages the interface of any contracted laboratories and ensures that these are working to company standards
- Manages the stability program, prepares protocols and reports, ensures timely testing and result approval/rejection
- Manages the environmental monitoring program of the facility ensuring appropriate sample collection and testing
- Approve specifications, sampling instructions, test methods and any other Quality Control procedures
- Support of cGMP operations, including technical review of change control documentation and reports, deviations, OOS and other manufacturing and laboratory investigations
- Supervises and schedules day-to-day activities of QC personnel
- Ensures timely inspection, testing, and disposition of QC samples; including raw materials, packaging components, finished products, and R&D materials
- Provides QC leadership in resolving technical problems, process deviations, Quality investigations, and corrective actions
- Ensures that the required initial and continuing training of the QC department is performed.
- Works closely with other departments to understand production priorities and adjust lab priorities as needed
- Ongoing assessment of current lab operations with an eye towards continuous improvement
- Assists in data collection and analysis of QC metrics
- Generates or revises controlled documents such as SOPs and data forms
- Compensation based on experience and qualifications
- Security Clearance may be requested
- Benefits and Vacation Packages
- Not in Stellarton, NS? Interested in moving to a beautiful coastal province? We have re-location packages!
Quality Control Lead - CannabisNew Glasgow, NS, Canada
We at Kelly Services are currently seeking a Quality Control Lead with our client in Stellarton, NS. This position is a full-time permanent opportunity in the new and upcoming Cannabis Industry. You would be reporting directly to the QC Manager. You will be responsible for overseeing the laboratory quality control testing of incoming, in-process, stability, and final drug products, as well as the environmental monitoring program of the facility. You will ensure that the QC personnel are properly trained and qualified to perform their job functions and that they understand and comply with current company, departmental and regulatory requirements. If you are a person that has an entrepreneurial mindset that has worked in the Cannabis, Pharmaceutical, Food Production, Beverage Production, and/or Tobacco Industry - this is the job for you!
Salaried Position: Monday – Friday; this position will require after hours, or extended hours based on activity. There are no physical requirements for this position. There will be Security Clearances that will be required.
Interested? Click on the “Apply” button! Your resume will be forwarded in confidence to a Kelly consultant, and you will be contacted. We will not share your personal information with our clients without your prior permission.
Not the right opportunity for you? You can create a profile on our Kelly Career Network to be considered for other positions at www.kellyservices.ca.
Kelly Services believes in relationships, not transactions. That’s why we’re committed to successfully matching job seekers with the best employers across Canada and around the world. We fill positions from entry-level to management, on a temporary or permanent basis. Whether your specialty is science, IT, finance, engineering, marketing, manufacturing, contact center or business administration, we’ll work with you to understand your likes, dislikes, goals and ambitions, and present you with opportunities that meet your needs. See what we have to offer. Looking for more? Sign up for our Career Tips Newsletter to receive helpful tips and tricks monthly, connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn & Twitter, or visit www.kellyservices.ca
Reference ID: CA7311AM000210
Date Posted: 02/10/2019