- Contract Opportunity
- Competitive Pay + 4% Vacation
- Notable Oil and Gas Company
- Great working environments!
- Prompt, weekly pay
- Access to free, on-line training including software programs. Upgrade your software skills for free while working for Kelly!
- Resume and interview coaching. We’ll help you improve your employment opportunities!
Architect (Solution, Network, Infrastructure, Telecom, etc.) (Junior) - Calgary, ABCalgary, AB, Canada
· Assist team members in performing physical network & telecom designs for lifecycle, brownfield and greenfield facility projects. These projects require knowledge of the physical components required to build a serial and TCP/IP-based SCADA LAN and WAN for industrial field facilities. Design elements include:
○ Physical cabling (Radio antenna cabling, Copper, Fiber) and wiring drawings
○ MPLS, VSAT, Radio, Microwave, and Cellular network WAN communications
○ Serial and TCP/IP-based LAN network systems utilizing fiber and copper
○ Telecom Cabinet/Panel Design
○ Limited design/tie in to low voltage electrical and grounding systems to support telecom systems
○ Development of project deliverables including project FEED, DBM’s, Scopes of Work, and detailed design drawings and artifacts
· Select and recommend components of network & telecom engineering designs
· As-building drawings and updating design and operational artifacts
· Ensuring designs follow pertinent codes and regulatory requirements
· Review network designs completed by others to ensure compatibility and supportability from an operational perspective
· Troubleshoot problems involved with polling systems from IP to legacy serial endpoints
· Provide and validate project cost, manpower and timeline estimates
· Must be able to respond promptly for emergency work and equipped to handle disruptions of service
· Understand and comply with all company regulations and policies with a focus on safety
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Participate in development of Engineering Artifacts as required by Practice of Engineering
· Participate in development of Engineering Standards, Specifications, Procedures, and other Supporting Documents.
· Participate in construction and commissioning phases and turnover to Operations
· Provide limited engineering design oversight for network (routing/switching) designers
· Support development of the network device (firewall, router, switch, etc..) configurations
· Engage with other Engineering Disciplines where required
· Review and update other Engineering discipline drawings (electrical, civil, mechanical) if required
· Work with other IS teams and Business Units to resolve problems and develop improvements
· Provide technical support and mentoring to junior engineers and network designers
· Willing to work overtime when necessary
· There will be a nominal amount of travel to attend meetings or assist with installations when needed
Qualifications and Education
· Minimum 4-year degree in Engineering (preferred) or related degree or diploma
· Good understanding of SCADA networks including network connectivity to serial and IP-based PLC's and RTU’s
· Basic understanding and experience with proper design and installation of inside and outside plant cabling
· Good understanding of various network-related components and network protocols
· Good understanding of layers of the OSI reference model
· Basic understanding of routing protocols including, OSPF, RIP, EIGRP and BGP
· Basic understanding of network supporting critical data and voice utilizing QOS
· Basic knowledge of local and federal regulations within US and Canada
· Basic knowledge of telecom-related industry standards within US and Canada
· Strong planning and organizational skills with proven attention to detail
· Strong analytical ability to quickly solve technical problems and issues
· Strong interpersonal and communications skills to perform effectively in a highly technical environment
· Effective problem solving and decision making skills
· Effective time management
· Excellent technical writing and verbal communication skills
· Proven customer service experience with the focus on the customer
· Ability to function effectively in a multi-team environment and to adapt to multiple dynamic priorities, which can change with little advanced notice
· Valid driver's license is required
·Valid passport with ability and willingness to travel within North America is required
What we can offer!
Interested? Click on the “Apply” button! Your resumé will be forwarded in confidence to a Kelly consultant, and you will be contacted if selected. We will not share your personal information with our clients without your prior permission.
Not the right opportunity for you? You can create a profile on our Kelly Career Network to be considered for other positions.
Important information: These positions are recruited for by a remote Kelly office, NOT your local Kelly branch. Please send your resume to PETD245@Kellyservices.com.
Kelly Services believes in relationships not transactions. That’s why we’re committed to successfully matching job seekers with the best employers across Canada and around the world. Whether your specialty is science, IT, finance, engineering, marketing, manufacturing, contact center or business administration, and you’re interested in entry-level or management positions on a temporary or permanent basis, we’ll work with you to understand your likes, dislikes, goals and ambitions, and present you with opportunities that meet your needs. See what we have to offer.
Looking for more? Sign up for our Career Tips Newsletter to receive helpful tips and tricks monthly, connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn & Twitter, or visit kellyservices.ca.
Category: Information Technology
Reference ID: CA76ECPD000812
Date Posted: 15/01/2020