- BSc or Diploma with experience working in a chemical manufacturing environment
- Experience working in a pilot plant is an asset
- Experience in synthetic chemistry for polymers and/or other chemicals
- Operation of pilot plant reactors for the tech transfer of products from lab to commerical scale
- Under direction, assist in developing new synthesized products.
- Perform analysis using wet chemistry techniques.
- Operation of IR, GPC, GC and HPLC.
- Assist in evaluating new or existing raw materials.
- Prepare reports on completed experiments that summarize and detail findings.
- BSc or Diploma in chemistry or chemical technology is required.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a chemical manufacturing plant is an asset.
- Knowledge of silicone chemistry is an asset.
- The ability to document subtle changes in chemical processes.
- Experience in the lab scale synthesis of organic or inorganic compounds, resins, surfactants.
- Experience in wet chemical testing and is familiar with IR, GPC and GC analysis.
- Computer literate and comfortable working with Microsoft word, PowerPoint, Excel.
Synthetic Chemist - PolymerToronto, ON, Canada
Kelly Scientific Resources believes in relationships, not transactions. That’s why we’re committed to successfully matching job seekers with the best employers across Canada and around the world. We fill positions from entry level to senior management, on a temporary or permanent basis. Whether your specialty is Science, Engineering, IT, Finance, Marketing, Manufacturing, Contact Centre or Business Administration, we’ll work with you to understand your likes, dislikes, goals and ambitions, and present you with opportunities that meet your needs. See what we have to offer.
Looking for more? Sign up for our Career Tips Newsletter to receive helpful tips and tricks monthly, connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn & Twitter, or visit kellyservices.ca.
Kelly Services (Canada) Ltd., is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.
SYNTHETIC CHEMIST - POLYMER
Responsible for the preparation of both laboratory and pilot scale batches of new and existing products.
Category: Biotechnology & Pharmaceutical
Reference ID: CA7677BM001381
Date Posted: 05/06/2019