- Paralegal/ Law Clerk Diploma
- Experience in construction contract agreements in the Construction or related industry
- Experience in payments, liens, and understanding construction law
- Drafting / preparing commercial contract agreements from scratch; preparing related documents and amendments
- Experience with construction liens, prompt payments and enforcement steps
- Prepare demand and notification of lien correspondence
- Perform title searches, credit checks and obtain instruments registered on title
- Draft Claims to be issued to sub-contractors and suppliers
- Contributing towards proposal planning and the administration of contracts
- Maintaining files for each contract and all correspondence, amendments, clarifications, and other contract related information
- Ensuring that contracts are executed in accordance with corporate policies / procedures
- Other duties as are assigned such as Billings, Collections and general administrative duties
- 3+ years’ experience as a Construction legal
- 2+ years’ Accounting
- A solid understanding of current legal terminology and excellent working knowledge of the Construction Act
- Knowledge of USA and Quebec Construction Law
- Strong ability in reading Contracts and interpreting title and property searches
- Excellent knowledge of and experience with software applications such as Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel
- Language – French/ English Bilingual is an asset
- Law Clerk/Paralegal Diploma or equivalent work experience
Legal Contracts Administrator - ConstructionToronto, ON, Canada
Kelly Scientific Resources believes in relationships, not transactions. That’s why we’re committed to successfully matching job seekers with the best employers across Canada and around the world. We fill positions from entry level to senior management, on a temporary or permanent basis. Whether your specialty is Science, Engineering, IT, Finance, Marketing, Manufacturing, Contact Centre or Business Administration, we’ll work with you to understand your likes, dislikes, goals and ambitions, and present you with opportunities that meet your needs. See what we have to offer.
Looking for more? Sign up for our Career Tips Newsletter to receive helpful tips and tricks monthly, connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn & Twitter, or visit kellyservices.ca.
Kelly Services (Canada) Ltd., is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.
LEGAL CONTRACTS ADMINSTRATOR - CONSTRUCTION
We are looking for litigation experience to work in our Contracts Division providing a variety of routine legal, executive and administrative duties.
Qualifications and Skills:
Litigation: 1+ year (Preferred)
Legal Assistant: 1+ year (Preferred)
DCS / DEC (Preferred)
Reference ID: CA7677BM001536
Date Posted: 19/06/2020