- Identify the scope of the work, provide initial estimates and justify the estimates with facts
- Independently design and implement software features/ changes with minimum supervision
- Author and revise detailed design and test documents for the implemented software features/ changes
- Unit test the implementation to the highest quality
- Peer review firmware changes and provide feedback on design reviews
- Engage in technical discussions and participate in software designs
- Demonstrate the ability to make informed design choices after due diligence and impact assessment
- Work closely with your peers and keep engaging in a fast-paced technical design and development team
- Demonstrate customer-oriented focus in the root cause analysis of issues during programs execution
- Follow processes / methodologies of software lifecycle development
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years' embedded software development experience
- Experience with 32-bit microcontrollers (PowerPC, i.MX 6)
- Experience developing embedded software in C, C++ and assembly
- Experience with real-time operating systems (VxWorks, ThreadX)
- Experience with developing multi-threaded real time applications
- Experience in code optimization and efficiency improvements
- Experience using emulators, ICE, oscilloscope, and logic analyzer
- Experience with industrial communication protocols like IEC61850, DNP, IEC60870-5-103, IEC60870-5-104
- Experience with TCP/IP and networking will be an asset
- Experience developing GUI with Qt will be an asset
Software Engineer (Embedded Systems) - Markham, ONMarkham, ON, Canada
Software Engineer (Embedded Systems)
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with our client, a Fortune 500 and multinational conglomerate corporation with diversify lines of business in industries such as Healthcare, Aviation, Appliances, Power & Water, Financial Services, Software Development and etc.
This is a 12-month contract with possibility of renewal. Position will be based onsite in Markham, ON.
The Software Engineer is responsible for implementing real-time, multi-tasking firmware for embedded systems in mission critical applications. As part of a multi-developer software team the major responsibilities will include analysis, design, implementation and testing of software for Transmission product line. The Embedded Software Engineer will report to the Senior Staff Software Manager.
In this role, The Software Engineer will:
Interested? Click on the “Apply” button! Your resumé will be forwarded in confidence to a Kelly Recruiter, and if your profile matches the requirement, a Recruiter will contact you. We will not share your personal information with our clients without your prior permission.
Not the right opportunity for you? You can create a profile on our Kelly Career Network to be considered for other positions.Why Kelly®?
With Kelly, you’ll have direct connections to leading IT organizations in the best companies around the globe—offering you the chance to work on some of today’s most intriguing, innovative and high-visibility projects. In a field where change is the only constant, our connections and opportunities will help you take your career exactly where you want to go. We work with 97 of the Fortune 100™ companies, and more than 3,000 IT hiring managers turn to us each year to access the best talent: people like you.
Last year we found 10,000 opportunities for IT professionals. Let us help advance your career today.About Kelly Services®
Kelly Services, Inc. (Nasdaq: KELYA, KELYB) is a global leader in providing workforce solutions. Kelly® offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis. Serving clients around the world, Kelly provided employment to more than 555,000 employees in 2014. Revenue in 2014 was $5.6 billion.
Category: Information Technology
Reference ID: CA76ECJC000579
Date Posted: 08/11/2019