- Payroll Administrator
- Downtown Toronto
- contract role with a Bank
- Manage the System off-cycle process. Retrieve payroll errors, format the csv file and distribute the errors amongst the team. Ensure all errors are corrected by 4:00 PM every second Monday, in order to confirm the payroll for the bank
- Process all Family Support and Garnishment orders as required on a bi-weekly basis. Respond to inquiries from CRA, courts and other stakeholders
- Process all additional pays and pay adjustments on a bi-weekly basis
- Receive, balance and process payment upload files in PeopleSoft. Investigate rejects and work with Business to fix errors while meeting payroll deadlines.
- Review, investigate and action Quality Assurance reports for the Active and Pension payrolls: Retro pay report, Pay error report, Payroll exceptions report, Tax Wage Loss Plan report, Time and Labour Exception Report, Retiree Demographic Report etc. Work in partnership with other groups to determine root cause of errors and correct prior to pay run
- Run a number of Quality Assurance Queries to ensure integrity of Payroll. Work in partnership with other groups to determine root cause of errors and correct prior to pay runs
- Load all Record of Employments (ROEs) on Service Canada website on a biweekly basis. Obtain rejected ROEs, investigate reasons for rejection, manually correct each rejected ROE prior to the legislated deadline.
- Manual ROE creation on request, respond to Service Canada calls and letters confirming information on ROE
- Process Daily Pay Advances to employees, process ADI GL entries, monthly balancing of the Pay Advance General Ledger
- Respond to employee's inquiries related to ROE, Maternity Leave Top-up Payments, garnishments, family Support payments, and miscellaneous other payments, received via HR HelpDesk, email or phone
- Respond to employee and Business inquiries related to pay adjustments processed
- Ensure compliance with workplace employee privacy at all times
- Support SOX audits by preparing the samples and answering specific audit questions
Ensure that adherence to applicable internal standards and/or regulatory requirements
- Develop, establish and/or follow clear guidelines and processes to minimize risk, maximize accuracy, and enhance the employee experience
- Escalate service concerns/gaps as required to ensure they are resolved quickly and efficiently
- Provide accurate and timely resolutions to inquiries from our internal and external business partners.
- Review and validate the accuracy of our annual PIER reports from CRA and RQ.
Payroll AdministratorToronto, ON, Canada
Company Name: BANK
Job Title: Payroll Admin
Duration: 3 mths contract with a potential for extension
Hours: Mon. to Fri. 8am-4pm
Pay Rate: $20/hour + 4% vacation pay
Locations: Downtown Toronto (TTC and GO accessible)
Provide timely and accurate delivery of pay for all system-paid Canadian based employees (biweekly or monthly–paid employees, and retirees)
Ensure ROEs are issued timely and correctly for all employees that are terminated or on leave
Ensure compliance with SOX audit requirements
Other tasks, as required:
Specific Educational Requirements/Accreditations:
•Must have or working towards Payroll Compliance Practitioner Certification (PCP)
•Strong knowledge of Canadian federal/provincial legislative requirements related to payroll (CRA, RQ).
The successful candidate will demonstrate/have:
•Strong organizational skills
•A strong understanding of workday payroll system is preferred
•Experience with PeopleSoft payroll system
•Good written and verbal communication skills.
•A comprehensive knowledge of Payroll accounting and ledger procedures.
•Advanced Excel and Query skills
•Deep knowledge of specific earnings, deductions and the taxation rules associated with it
•Knowledge of Federal and Provincial regulatory and legislation requirements related to payroll
•Self-starter with a “can-do” attitude who is able to work independently and function well with a team.
Nice to Have:
working towards Payroll Compliance Practitioner Certification (PCP)
Kelly Services believes in relationships, not transactions. That’s why we’re committed to successfully matching job seekers with the best employers across Canada and around the world. We fill positions from entry level to management, on a temporary or permanent basis. Whether your specialty is science, IT, finance, engineering, marketing, manufacturing, contact centre or business administration, we’ll work with you to understand your likes, dislikes, goals and ambitions, and present you with opportunities that meet your needs. See what we have to offer.
Kelly Services (Canada) Ltd., is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.
Reference ID: CA769AST000119
Date Posted: 10/07/2019