- Contract Opportunity
- Competitive Pay+ 4% Vacation
- Notable Petro-Chemical Company
- Works with other Design Engineers and Improvement Engineers to develop and implement assigned projects identified in the Plant Specific Technology Plan (PSTP), working within company-specific Project Methodology.
- Interacts with all disciplines to minimize disconnects and errors in the design.
- Responsible for all design tasks on the project from initial conception through contract issue, construction, and startup including calculations, layout, routing and equipment/material selection and justification, coordination and support for estimating and scheduling as applicable.
- Check the accuracy, completeness and quality of any aspect of design on the project.
- Participate in the lay out of the plant and equipment taking into account process considerations, constructability, operability and maintainability of the facilities.
- Prepare material specifications for inquiry and order, transmittals, and bid evaluation. Ensure use of the AM / SL lists and/or support, justify, and facilitate changes to AM / SL lists.
- Ensure that environmental, Safety and Loss Prevention principles are used in the design.
- Ensure that designs comply with applicable industry codes and standards and company defined Most Effective Technology (MET), global practices and specifications.
- Provides day-to-day plant support as required.
- Participates in and/or leads root cause investigations of unplanned events as per the EOEG Root Cause Investigation Policy. Documents findings in the Event & Action Tool.
- Actively participates in plant EH&S program.
- Effectively utilizes MOC policy. Acts as MOC Reviewer, as authorized in plant policy.
- Completes assigned Event & Action Tool actions.
- Great working environments!
- Prompt, weekly pay
- Access to free, on-line training including software programs. Upgrade your software skills for free while working for Kelly!
- Resume and interview coaching. We’ll help you improve your employment opportunities!
Piping Design Engineer - Fort Saskatchewan, ABEdmonton, AB, Canada
Work within area of design specialty to perform design activities to produce information, specifications, and documentation for the construction and maintenance of process and utility systems. The Design Engineer applies strong leadership skills and a high level of knowledge in their area of responsibility, applicable codes and standards. The Design Engineer is required to ensure the most effective design that complies with Safety and Loss Prevention principles and all company, industry, local, and national codes and regulations. Has the ultimate responsibility for the integrity and completeness of the design for the project. Must work effectively with other design engineers, Improvement engineers and supporting personnel to develop job plans, estimates and other information to ensure successful project development and implementation.
What we can offer!
Interested? Click on the “Apply” button! Your resumé will be forwarded in confidence to a Kelly consultant, and you will be contacted if selected. We will not share your personal information with our clients without your prior permission.
Not the right opportunity for you? You can create a profile on our Kelly Career Network to be considered for other positions.
Important information: These positions are recruited for by a remote Kelly office, NOT your local Kelly branch. Please send your resume to Bils622@Kellyservices.com
Kelly Services believes in relationships not transactions. That’s why we’re committed to successfully matching job seekers with the best employers across Canada and around the world. Whether your specialty is science, IT, finance, engineering, marketing, manufacturing, contact center or business administration, and you’re interested in entry-level or management positions on a temporary or permanent basis, we’ll work with you to understand your likes, dislikes, goals and ambitions, and present you with opportunities that meet your needs. See what we have to offer.
Looking for more? Sign up for our Career Tips Newsletter to receive helpful tips and tricks monthly, connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn & Twitter, or visit kellyservices.ca.
Reference ID: CA762CBS000144
Date Posted: 14/01/2020