- Perform activities related to the receipt and shipping of all products and additives at the site.
- Perform functions relating to site operations, ensuring the reliability of equipment and the supply/delivery system.
- Operate, maintain and repair site facilities in a safe, efficient, cost effective and environmentally sound manner.
- Participate in activities which contribute to site safety and security, environmental protection, quality and business controls, in a manner consistent with the principals of operational excellence.
- Manage and coordinate contractors and drivers with respect to safety, orientation and compliance
- Act as main contact/liaison between the Control Centre, the TOU and site operations
- Interface directly with the measurement specialist, ISU, and third-party personnel for inventory management and measurement
- Manage and coordinate site managed projects
- Witness meter proving as per schedule and PDM procedures. Complete documentation as required.
- Assist with mechanical and operational activities as required.
- Recommend upgrades and adjustments to maintenance plans
- Flawless execution of the work permitting process
- Direct the work of contractors. Ensure all work is performed in compliance with IOL/industry safety and regulatory standards.
- Identify requirements for upgrades to the PDM
- Keep accurate records of all associated documentation and correspondence related to terminal operations.
- High-level working knowledge of measurement practices
- Strong computer skills including Excel and Word.
- Excellent understanding of product quality requirements
- Secondary/ High School Diploma or college level degree required
- Minimum 100% of assigned Stage 3 Training per GMT Standards
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Terminal Operator position
- In depth knowledge of the applicable rules, regulations and standards for the operation
- Very good interpersonal skills
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills
- Works independently with moderate supervision.
- Demonstrates leadership skills
- Valid Driver’s License
- Good mechanical aptitude.
- Kelly-sponsored Affordable Care Act health care coverage available to eligible employees
- Group insurance options*
- Service bonus plan
- Holiday pay plan
- Weekly electronic pay options
- Online training campus that provides more than 3,000 free courses to help improve and develop skills
- Exclusive online employee community
- Employee assistance program available at no cost
- Corporate discounts
Terminal Operator IIEdmonton, AB, Canada
Terminal Operator II
Kelly Services is pleased to hire a skilled Terminal Operator for our multinational oil & gas client in Edmonton! the work is associated with Rail Shipping vs truck terminals. The role will be 95% operations with little to no maintenance.
Are you looking for the opportunity to work for a global company which fully respects diversity and offers growth to your professional and individual potential? If so, Kelly Services is proud to present new opportunities! Your best career move could be just around the corner!
Location: Edmonton, NB
Work schedule: 12-hour shifts, 2 days one week, 5 days the next (24 hours of work one week, 60 hours of work the next)
Contract duration: 1-year contract with chance of renewal
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
In addition to all Level 1 tasks and responsibilities, a Level 2 will:
SKILLS AND QUALIFCATIONS
As a Kelly employee, you’ll have access to premier perks, including:
About Kelly Services
At Kelly, we believe in the strength of relationships rather than transactions. That's why we are committed to placing job seekers among the best employers in Canada and around the world. Our positions range from entry levels to manager levels on a temporary or permanent basis. Whether you are looking for a position in science, IT, finance, engineering, marketing, manufacturing, call center or administration, we will work with you to know your goals and ambitions, find out what you like and what you don’t like and offer you job opportunities that meet your needs. See the benefits of working with us.
Want to know more? Subscribe to our Monthly Career Tips Newsletter for valuable tips or contact us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
http://ca.livejobs.recruitadvantage.com/position_description/459/Terminal Operator II Edmonton JD.docx
Reference ID: CA762CMK000065
Date Posted: 04/12/2019