- Contract Opportunity
- Competitive Pay+ 4% Vacation
- Notable Oil and Gas Company
- Great working environments!
- Prompt, weekly pay
- Access to free, on-line training including software programs. Upgrade your software skills for free while working for Kelly!
- Resume and interview coaching. We’ll help you improve your employment opportunities!
Pipeline Integrity Engineer - Calgary, ABCalgary, AB, Canada
The Canadian Gas Operations, Technical Support Integrity department is seeking an experienced, focused and motivated engineer to join our team. In this role you will support client management program by performing safe excavation pressure assessments, safe operating pressure assessments, defect assessments and subsequent pipeline repair decisions, supporting pipeline failure analysis, developing integrity program standards and procedures, and participating in new technology projects to maintain the integrity and safety of our pipelines.
What you’ll do
• Perform technical assessment to determine the safe pressure for pipeline excavations
• Perform defect assessment to determine the appropriate repair methodology
• Gather and analyze data in support of performing safe operating pressure Engineering Assessment on in-service pipelines
• Develop and update integrity related operating procedures to support the continual improvement of client management Program
• Gather and analyze integrity program data in support of communications, interactions, and performance measurement with the industry and the regulators
• Provide integrity data QA/QC by reviewing field data on integrity excavation, inspection, and repair for completeness and accuracy, and work with NDE vendors and field personnel to make any necessary corrections before entry into integrity record management systems
• Support enhancement initiatives to improve quality and efficiencies of technical support program implementation
• Support client response to pipeline failures and failure investigations
• Provide support to pipe integrity teams and engineering governance teams as required
• Participate in research and development projects to validate new technologies and methodologies that promote the advancement of pipeline integrity for the company and the industry
• Provide guidance to Engineers-in-Training and students
• A Bachelor's degree or higher in Engineering from an accredited university (preferably in Mechanical, Chemical, or Metallurgical Engineering)
• Minimum 4 years of relevant engineering experience, up to 8 years of experience
• Must be registered, or eligible or eligible for registration, as a professional member with APEGA
• An alternate combination of education and experience may be considered
• Willingness to travel within North America for limited periods of time
• Experience in pipeline integrity with gas transmission pipeline systems
• Thorough understanding of threats to pipeline integrity
• In-depth knowledge of applicable industry Codes and Standards related to pipeline integrity (e.g. CSA Z662 and ASME B31.8)
• Working familiarity with NEB’s Onshore Pipeline Regulations
• Self-motivated individual with excellent work ethics and strong desire to learn and develop
• Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills with the ability to work effectively in small and large teams
• Innovative with strong analytical and computer skills and a “can-do” attitude on problem solving
• Ability to plan, manage, and prioritize assigned work independently
*This position requires candidates to:
• have and maintain a valid Driver's License
• provide a driver's abstract for review
What we can offer!
Interested? Click on the “Apply” button! Your resumé will be forwarded in confidence to a Kelly consultant, and you will be contacted if selected. We will not share your personal information with our clients without your prior permission.
Not the right opportunity for you? You can create a profile on our Kelly Career Network to be considered for other positions.
Important information: These positions are recruited for by a remote Kelly office, NOT your local Kelly branch. Please send your resume in Word to: Bilal.Shabbir@Kellyservices.com.
Kelly Services believes in relationships not transactions. That’s why we’re committed to successfully matching job seekers with the best employers across Canada and around the world. Whether your specialty is science, IT, finance, engineering, marketing, manufacturing, contact center or business administration, and you’re interested in entry-level or management positions on a temporary or permanent basis, we’ll work with you to understand your likes, dislikes, goals and ambitions, and present you with opportunities that meet your needs. See what we have to offer.
Looking for more? Sign up for our Career Tips Newsletter to receive helpful tips and tricks monthly, connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn & Twitter, or visit kellyservices.ca.
Category: Professional (Other)
Reference ID: CA762CBS000093
Date Posted: 03/10/2019