- Event Consultant
- Downtown Toronto
- Insurance Company
- Provide administrative support for the distribution of meeting/conference attendee online invitations.
- Use Cvent to set up meeting/conference registration forms and websites.
- Processing of registration information including system input and liaison with external travel partner to coordinate airline tickets for attendees.
- Coordination and producing complete management information itineraries for delegates attending meetings, conferences and special events. The management information is utilized by the Director of the area Conference Specialists, Hotel Representatives, Travel Destination Representatives, Ground Handlers and other external suppliers who partner with the department on projects. The accuracy and detail of the management reports are crucial to the execution and success of every event.
- Produce hotel reports including room type, arrival/departure dates, room credit, special requirements, etc.
- Generate arrival/departure manifests.
- Produce meeting/conference tour information.
- Prepare confirmation emails for attendees including details of hotel accommodation, arrival information and any other supporting information.
- Prepare attendee information kits including business agenda, transportation details, name badge and relevant material.
- Provide administration support to Conference Specialists, along with the Manager and Director of the team.
- Perform other related duties as required, such as maintaining department supplies and department calendar.
- This role is predominantly administrative as a support to the Conference Planners and the Director of the department – the role does not involve any Conference Planning, however it is a meaningful role to the success of the team.
- Hospitality industry knowledge and experience will be highly regarded.
- University or College degree in hospitality, events, or general BA will be highly regarded.
- Experience with CVENT would be highly beneficial.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Ability to learn new technology and applications.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is a requirement.
- Excellent organization skills and time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills to work effectively with internal community and external providers.
- Excellent verbal, written and listening communications skills.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure during “peak periods”.
- Ability to take direction from multiple individuals and prioritize in an environment with competing demands.
- Highly motivated and driven, able to work with minimal supervision.
- Strong team player with a high dedication to quality work and service.
- Strong service orientation and sense of initiative.
- Ability to multi-task, be flexible and move from one priority to another while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
Event ConsultantToronto, ON, Canada
Company Name: Insurance Company
Title: Event Consultant
Dates: Jul. 29/19 – May 18/20 – with a potential for extension
Pay Rate: $25-30/hour + 4% vacation pay
Location: Downtown Toronto (TTC accessible)
Meeting & Conference Management is a dynamic team of professionals responsible for providing extensive knowledge and expertise specializing in the design, planning, administration and implementation of meetings, conferences and special events. The group works in a fast-paced environment and responds to client driven deadlines. The Event Administrator is responsible for the ongoing operation of Meeting & Conference Management’s online administration systems, which supports meetings, conferences and special events. Reporting to the Manager, this position provides administration support services for meetings, conferences and special events as required by the Meeting & Conference Manager and Specialists.
Note: This role will include some travel
Kelly Services believes in relationships, not transactions. That’s why we’re committed to successfully matching job seekers with the best employers across Canada and around the world. We fill positions from entry level to management, on a temporary or permanent basis. Whether your specialty is science, IT, finance, engineering, marketing, manufacturing, contact centre or business administration, we’ll work with you to understand your likes, dislikes, goals and ambitions, and present you with opportunities that meet your needs. See what we have to offer.
Kelly Services (Canada) Ltd., is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.
Reference ID: CA769AST000118
Date Posted: 03/07/2019