- Contract Opportunity
- Competitive Pay+ 4% Vacation
- Notable Petro-Chemical Company
- Create & maintain Level 5 WBS schedule, making the most effective and efficient use of available resources by leveling / leveraging resource opportunities per the project schedule.
- Schedule and Calculate an optimized Plan in preparation for the Pre/Execution/Post Phases of the project using a variety of ‘What-if’ scenarios.
- Enter job plan details from SAP including resources, activity description, duration, craft and hours.
- Ensure the turnaround schedule includes all tasks and activities necessary to achieve the scope and objectives of the turnaround.
- Use Activity Codes to allow the easy extraction of reports.
- Create logical network of activities and, ultimately, a longest and or critical path of work and schedule, without overly constraining the schedule.
- Ensure that the schedule must contain enough information but must be simple and dynamic enough to change with changing conditions during execution.
- Maintain approved project baseline(s).
- Assists Turnaround Manager/Coordinators in reporting key performance metrics and monitor schedule performance.
- Closely monitor the longest and or critical path and near critical activities and report the variance to Turnaround Management.
- Work with Turnaround Management to develop recovery plans.
- Input field updates into schedule based on reported progress as required.
- Generate summary, detailed and comparative reports for Turnaround Management.
- Generate look-ahead reports for field coordinator(s) and contractors to drive work.
- Schedule additional work / found work and ensure that it is scheduled and tracked during execution.
- Develop, maintain & issue associated progress curves, completing estimates, earned value reports etc.
- Performs data analysis, identifies problems and makes recommendations.
- Monitors schedule deviation for assigned trades or specialties and recommend corrective action/workaround solutions for site maintenance considerations.
- Identifies and reports activities which have critical or potential impact on schedule.
- Participates in the lessons learned and lookback process for the turnaround event.
- Produce final “Close-out Report” of the process including what went well and what needs improving.
- Perform other associated duties as assigned.
- Comply with all Health and Safety requirements ensuring Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is available and is worn where and when required.
- Minimum technical diploma, college degree or higher (equivalent combination of education and work experience would be considered)
- 5+ years of Turnaround Planning/Scheduling experience
- Minimum 4 years hands on P6 experience
- In-depth knowledge of MS Excel with the Ability to perform: complex formulas, charts and graphs, pivot tables, complex reports
- Strong and effective written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrates professional interpersonal communication and team work skills
- Willing to work in a dynamic team environment
- Demonstrates successful implementation of the company’s scheduling procedures
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications and have the ability to learn new systems quickly.
- Experience with SAP.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision in an empowered team environment.
- Great working environments!
- Prompt, weekly pay
- Access to free, on-line training including software programs. Upgrade your software skills for free while working for Kelly!
- Resume and interview coaching. We’ll help you improve your employment opportunities!
Turnaround Scheduler - Fort Saskatchewan, ABEdmonton, AB, Canada
Reporting to the Turnaround Planning and Scheduling Lead. Responsible for creating and maintaining the detailed Primavera Job Plan data including but not limited to job activities, logic, resources and codes to develop the integrated Turnaround Master Schedule.
Roles and Responsibilities (Include but not limited to):
What we can offer!
Interested? Click on the “Apply” button! Your resumé will be forwarded in confidence to a Kelly consultant, and you will be contacted if selected. We will not share your personal information with our clients without your prior permission.
Not the right opportunity for you? You can create a profile on our Kelly Career Network to be considered for other positions.
Important information: These positions are recruited for by a remote Kelly office, NOT your local Kelly branch. Please send your resume to Bils622@Kellyservices.com
Kelly Services believes in relationships not transactions. That’s why we’re committed to successfully matching job seekers with the best employers across Canada and around the world. Whether your specialty is science, IT, finance, engineering, marketing, manufacturing, contact center or business administration, and you’re interested in entry-level or management positions on a temporary or permanent basis, we’ll work with you to understand your likes, dislikes, goals and ambitions, and present you with opportunities that meet your needs. See what we have to offer.
Looking for more? Sign up for our Career Tips Newsletter to receive helpful tips and tricks monthly, connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn & Twitter, or visit kellyservices.ca.
Category: Professional (Other)
Reference ID: CA762CBS000195
Date Posted: 22/05/2020