- Draft application materials and pleadings
- Manage discovery requests, documents and List of Documents
- Summarize discovery requests and other documents, including medical records/transcripts
- Provide litigation support to counsel during trials
- Ability to review documents, draft and respond to requests, and update counsel as required
- Experience reviewing documents for privilege and drafting List of Documents
- Drafting expert retainer materials
- Paralegal diploma from a recognized educational institution, or equivalent experience
- Around 1 year experience as a litigation specific paralegal, insurance and/or construction defence experience would be an asset
- Excellent working knowledge of the Supreme Court of British Columbia procedures and forms
- Class Action experience would be considered an asset
- Superior organizational skills, including the ability to handle multiple case files simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build effective relationships with clients, counsel and court officials
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, combined with research and analytical skills
- Working knowledge of Summation or other e-discovery tools would be an asset
- The ability to handle multiple priorities and deadlines
- Demonstrated team player and possessing a positive
Paralegal-LitigationVancouver, BC, Canada
Our Client is a insurance company and is the largest provider of property and casualty insurance in Canada. The company has over 13,000 employees and insures more than five million individuals and businesses through its insurance subsidiaries.
As a Paralegal, you will play an integral role in the Legal department working closely with the Litigation team to provide legal support on Property and Casualty (bodily injury) litigation file.
This position is a full-time 6-month contract opportunity based in the Vancouver, BC office
If you are interested in the Paralegal role, please email your resume to email@example.com .
Kelly is an award-winning pioneer in recruitment. Since founding the temp industry in 1946, Kelly has grown globally to become a provider of the world’s best workforce solutions through a comprehensive array of outsourcing, consulting and world-class staffing services.
Our vision is to provide the world's best workforce solutions. We connect great people with great companies. #WhatsNext
Reference ID: CA7111MZ000003
Date Posted: 03/07/2019